Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Eisenhorn- don't worry he's 'armless!

Started by Aurelius 12, March 16, 2011, 12:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurelius 12

And headless to boot...

I was just wondering if anyone else had been trying to buy Eisenhorn recently? I bought one at the end of February who was missing his arms and head. Feeling bemused and slightly annoyed I rang up the excellent people at GW customer services who sent me a replacement before the week was out.

That replacement was also missing his arms and his head.
Somewhat unimpressed and rather amused I rang them up again. They suggested it was a batch problem and suggested I freeposted the mini back to them. A week later I rang them up and they confirmed that there was a batch problem, that they'd received my returned figure, and promised to send a replacement.

The replacement arrived today.

The replacement is missing his arms and head.

I rang the customer services again and spoke to a chap called Kevin (who incidentally was the one I'd spoken to the previous time) who apologised and told me to post him back and they'd send me another one.

Now I know this is turning into a rant, but come on. The fact that two different batches of Eisenhorn have the same problem is worrying enough, but the fact that no-one bothered to open the box and check to see if the whole kit was there is frankly baffling.

So if anyone is planning on buying an Eisenhorn in the near future, don't do it from GW until they've sorted this farce out!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

phil-o-mat

if this happens again, put a little marking on one of the pieces. just to be sure that they don`t just send your package back without checking it properly!

i did this with some other parts that i bought from a different company. guess what happend to the pieces i returned? one week later i had them back, with the little dots from my permanent marker!

phil

Backyardpatrol

Of all the goofed up things I've ordered from miniature companies they've never asked me to send the bad piece back, including GW..
How very strange...

Charax

I think it's because people used to scam GW by phoning up saying "I ordered this and a part's missing" to get a whole new kit. The distorted impression I got from some forums was that people were routinely doing this as a method of "making up" for GW's non-discounted prices, so they had a crackdown.

There are a couple of overheard conversations with GW Mail Order Trolls that back this up (they haven't mastered "hanging up at the end of a conversation" apparently)

strange that they'd keep getting it wrong though
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page