Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Bale Childer?

Started by Shannow, March 18, 2011, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

I was wondering if anyone had any information on the Bale Childer? All I have is the very small amount that was on the lexicanum (not famed for its accuracy or depth)

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Bale_Childer

I was attracted to the name and like the idea of a character that claims to be a bale childer, but obviously wouldn't want this to run against canon so was wondering if there were any objections to the idea of using this or any other information known about them as a race that I might work around?

Anything would be good as always.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

N01H3r3

We know next to nothing about the Bale Childer, though its believed that they were rendered extinct during the Angevin Crusade.

There is some evidence to suggest that they might have been a vassal/slave species employed by the Yu'vath, the warp-cursed Xenos civilisation that once dominated the regions now known as the Calixis Sector and the Koronus Expanse.
Contributing Writer for many Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay books, including Black Crusade

Professional Games Designer.

Shannow

THanks very much, a take it this gives me a more or less blank canvas to work upon with them then,,,

Cheers muchly
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

N01H3r3

Quote from: Shannow on March 19, 2011, 04:39:12 PM
THanks very much, a take it this gives me a more or less blank canvas to work upon with them then,,,

Cheers muchly
One thing I suggest is that the Bale Childer, and anything connected to the Yu'vath, should range from makes-your-skin-crawl-to-think-about-it to sanity-destroying-horror, covering everything in between. These are Xenos who delve deeply into the powers of the warp in a way that isn't particularly recognisable as Chaos... so they should be at the very least unsettling...
Contributing Writer for many Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay books, including Black Crusade

Professional Games Designer.

Shannow

Well my initial thoughts were about converting a pure blood warpwolf from privateer press hordes circle of oboros range.

But having said that I am considering making him think he is a Bale Childer but have been mind wiped and made to think this by a particularly scheming eldar or even possibly a recongregator, whichever predisposes itself to making my life easier and I can do justice to with my fairly meagre modelling skills.

Thanks for the pointer though, hopefully will order some models this week (woo university bursary) and post some WIPs up.

Time to die.

Ynek

I agree that the Bale Childer(s?), as warp-tainted beings (but not necessarily chaos-tainted) should be pretty twisted looking, and not really conform to what we think we know about nature. So, eyes on the palms of their hands, or one eye in their chest, or no eyes at all? Symmetrical, Asymmetrical, or twisted symmerty? (such as one vestigial leg and one vestigial arm, but on opposite sides). A mouth with more than two jaws? (such as a third jaw in between the upper and lower jaw) making them look like they have multiple rows of teeth? An external circulatory system?

Given the nature of "warp-aliens", I think that making them as non-humanoid as possible is probably the key element to making them feel alien and strange. The humanoid shape might be one of the most efficient in nature, but that's only as far as the laws of nature extend. The presence of warp energies tends to make the laws of nature distort somewhat, so the creatures should look equally distorted.

Just thought I'd pop in and have a bout of verbal diarrhea, there. XD

Also, on a more humourous note.... Upon seeing the name "Bale Childer," did anyone else invision a creature which has the power to turn Christian Bale into a child?
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Shannow

Quote from: Ynek on March 21, 2011, 05:46:50 PM
Also, on a more humourous note.... Upon seeing the name "Bale Childer," did anyone else invision a creature which has the power to turn Christian Bale into a child?

Totally dude......

Well after those suggestion Ynek my man, I got bored and ended up green stuffing various different bits together and have a weird looking creature thing curing at the moment, with the good grace of weather I'll have some pics of it up in my WIP thread tomorrow, not sure how it would fit into Inq to be honest given its monstrosity but could be good scenario target or perhaps even a campaign monster....

Cheers for suggestions anyway!

Time to die.