Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Eliath Avarnus

Started by Daxam, August 23, 2009, 03:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxam

I finally finished my first 54mm Inquisitor Model, Eliath Avarnus! Huzzah! I'm not sure that he's as good as he could be, but I'm quite proud of him.

He is from the front:

Left side:

Right Side:

And one from the Rear:

Please excuse the poor photo quality. It's the first time I've taken a shot of something like this.

His arms are Terminator arms with very poor greenstuff sleeves, and his pistol is a Cut down flamer. He's mostly just made from the Delphan Gruss kit.
I seek a perfection. I won't attain it. But it is a lofty enough goal for my ego.

Kaled

He's pretty good for a first model - I won't pretend the painting is fantastic, but you've done a good job of sculpting his sleeves and I really like his pistol.  He has got a bit of a lean though - it might be worth pulling him off his base and propping him forwards with a bit of greenstuff

So, what's your next project?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Ancelyn

Not a bad start, Daxam. The paintjob looks dirty (suitable for the grime of a Forge World) though he could use some highlights. The highlights needn't be too over the top, just pick out the prominent parts on his face, cloak etc. As Dave says, he should be repositioned forward, as it looks as if someone has just punched him in the face and he is reeling backwards :D

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Heroka Vendile

That has to be one of the most underpowered-looking first character models I've seen in a while (this is a good thing).
Good idea with the cut-down flamer for a pistol, wouldn't have thought of that myself.
Welcome to the hobby  :)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Daxam

Thanks for all the frank replies. I'm thinking of cleaning up his paint job a little, neatening up the lines. I saw the lean on him when I took the photos, so I'll be fixing that soon.

Thanks and I'll update it soon.
I seek a perfection. I won't attain it. But it is a lofty enough goal for my ego.

Molotov

As Heroka says, I think the cut-down flamer is a nifty idea with great potential as a 54mm pistol. Well done!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Simeon Blackstar

Nice first model!  As said already, it's always nice to see a first that isn't over the top.  I'll admit my first was a WS95 Lord with Power Halberd and MIU-linked, back-mounted Multilaser, so congrats on the restraint!  ;D

The paint job might have some room for improvement, but I'd be happy playing him as is.  A few subtle highlights on the gun and his eyes would improve him, maybe picking out the lettering on the hem of his cloak too.  You could hit the raised areas of his robes lightly as well, but if you do too much then you'll risk losing the grimy look he has at the moment, which would be a shame.

Welcome to the club!