Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New to The-Conclave heres my models!

Started by warpedspeedfreak, March 19, 2011, 06:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warpedspeedfreak

Hi all. Just found this site!... awesome. I cant believe there is still such a big inquisitor following. Anyway ive dug out my models, dusted them off and took some pics of them. All comments welcome.

This is the 1st model i bought. Hondo Sabarta, my old timer gun slinger. Armed with his pride and joy... his master crafted revolvers. Best shot ever was when he but a space marine down with a single head shot!

This my crazy halfling sized character. What he lacks in size he makes up for it with high explosives.

Well this is my spacemarine and a greyknight no less. Never used him.

The next three are my enforcers.

This is my darthvader wanna be inquisitor, but i guess you know that.

Yes its a rip off from the rule book the ogyrn arco-flagellant. Think i'll try making him a servitor next time i play because Arco-flagellants are really not designed to shoot! I learnt that the hard way.

Think that will do for now.

cande2105

They look great, thanks for posting them.  I love the kneeling enforcer, care to share what model pieces you used or how you put it together?

warpedspeedfreak

Thanks. I'll get round to putting some of my others on at some point.

The enforcer kneeling is a really simple conversion. The legs were bent by removing metal from the back of the knees, almost to the knee cap plate. Then bent and the gaps filled. Similar process with the right arm. The rifle is a shotgun with a small piece of pipe for the silencer and the sight along with some green stuff is a electrical "boot lace" wire crip. The backpack is the spacemarine bolt pistol holster and the SM knife. Oh and i made the strap from green stuff. Im planning on extending the mag to make it look even more different from the shotgun. At first i used it as a sniper rifle put i think an assualt rifle might be better.

Molotov

Some nice conversions. Giving Slick two revolvers is a neat little conversion. The Darth Vader Inquisitor is pretty cool, and I like your take on the Giant, especially the chain, with lots of little icons dangling from it. Some really nice work! 
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

kierkegaard

Some fine looking models there. I particularly like the ogryn servitor. The exo-spine and bionic leg are very well done. I also like the two hand cranks on the shoulder mounted gun (presumably something that his tech priest master would have to operate.)

I look forward to seeing the rest of your models. 

warpedspeedfreak

Chaos warband

Eisenhorn conversion.

Predator idea. Only rough at the min.

I was a bit disappointed with these models. Tried to save money but they just haven't got the same level of detail as other 54mm models. Ok for extras once ive converted them a bit more.

Hadriel Caine

WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE

Nice group of models. I particularly like the kneeling enforcer and the daemonhost with Eisenhorn\'s head looks fantastic.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

kierkegaard

Quote from: Hadriel Caine on March 20, 2011, 02:16:12 PM
the daemonhost with Eisenhorn\'s head looks fantastic.
I agree with Adam (you don't see that on a badge, do you?)

Are his arms severed, or just tied behind his back? Either way, I think it looks great.

RobSkib

Hooray! More faceless goons for NPCs :) My favourite!

I like to play around with cheapo plastic alternatives to expensive GW models, and with a few added bits here and there you can turn them into proper denizens of the 41st millennium. A couple of pointers for you that I've picked up during my own time of converting the masses;

- use INQ guns as much as you can. I notice you've done this for the majority of the models which is good, but that last chap with the overtly 21st century gun should have his swapped out for something else. A chainsword maybe?

- Swap their heads for spare INQ heads you might have lying about. I have a bazillion screaming guardsmen heads if you wanted a couple through the post to put on your guys, it'd help solve the slightly effeminate haircut problem a few of your NPCs seem to have.

- Shoulderpads! This is probably the most important factor to converting any model from the 21st century. Massive, assymetrical, improbably attached, gravity defying and of questionable defensive capabilities - that's what 40k is all about :)

I look forward to seeing how these guys turn out!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: RobSkib on March 23, 2011, 12:38:31 PMuse INQ guns as much as you can.
My experience with the NPC guard (who are still unfinished, with the GT this weekend - Yikes!) is that 40k weapons are a must.

I raided most of a box of plastic Cadians for weapons, which, given the generally oversized weapons on 28mm models and the more conservative scaling on the Airfix 54mm models worked pretty well.
They look small in comparison to Inquisitor weapons, but a simple stock lengthening has made them a scale three feet long - about the same as most modern assault rifles, so pretty perfect really.

QuoteShoulderpads! This is probably the most important factor to converting any model from the 21st century.
Definitely. My Airfix models immediately started to look more like Imperial Guard the moment I added the Cadian style shoulder pads. The work adding the body armour was more icing on the cake and covering up hack jobs than actually necessary to 40k-ify them.

Still, I would like to add improbable boots to the list of "40k-ifying" techniques. Some of the girls in my collection have boots that would take half an hour to lace (each) up - others have armour plated footwear and one of them only wears one shoe. (Although that's 'cause her other leg is bionic, not 'cause she's a looney.)

Unnecessary nicknacks can also do wonders. Find your bits box and go mad.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Maybe we should have a thread to compile simple and cheap ideas for 40k-ifying models?  It's a subject that crops up fairly regularly...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

warpedspeedfreak

Thanks for the info, i'll definitly take that on board when i get round to them. The model with the original gun hasnt been modified yet. These models come painted, ive only paid them a little attention. I'd be interested in those heads if you've got spare! Just bought more models from GW! the NPCS might have been set back even further ha