Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Genestealer Hybrid Family The Next Generation

Started by kierkegaard, March 19, 2011, 07:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kierkegaard

This is something that I have had in the works for a long, long time. Inspired by Kaled's suggestion, and by his 'Herbert' model, I put together this little family group. Hopefully this completes my Genestealer cult (the rest of which can be seen here, here, here, here, and here) as I am sick of painting purple skin.

Anyway, on to the pictures.

I hope you like them.

DapperAnarchist

Oh wonderful... So creepy, makes me think of the odd bits in Inquisition War about how the Genestealer is the corruption of the family personified.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Van Helser

They look absolutely superb!

What's the base for mum?

Ruaridh

judge-minos

Soo beautiful, where are the faces from, did you sculpt them?

They are so expressive, I am speechless

Shannow

This actually disturbs me quite a bit, many congratulations. I particularly like the shading on the red rag type thing around the mothers neck.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

kierkegaard

Thanks guys.

The mum is La Meridiana's Sacajawea model (available from El Greco Miniatures.) I just cut and filed the hair off, carved a dent in the forehead, and added some plastic Genestealer arms and an Ork holster.

The child's face is from one of these ancient plastic Genestealer hybrids. I glued it on to the familiar's head after sawing its face off just in front of the ears. I then built up the back of the head with green stuff, and sculpted the dent and crest in the middle of the forehead.

Swarbie

The kid looks evil. The mother looks like she is hopelessly pleading with a hooded, black-robed Inquisitor.

I love it  ;D
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Ferran

Nice work, they do indeed look creepy. Not sure I like the blue on the arms tho. Also, after all these years reading Conclave forums I just got the reference in your name (if it is a reference - could be a common name I guess).

Kaled

That is excellent - they really capture the terrifying nature of a genestealer cult and are by far my favourite members of your cult.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Hadriel Caine

What a lot of \'stealers you\'ve got! I really like this pair. Utterly frightening. I too thought of the Inquisition War when I saw them. Great work sculpting the kid\'s head. It\'s seamless. Any chance of a full cult picture?
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Charax

The mother's a little starey, that's the expression I'd expect to see on a Brood Kin, rather than a hybrid.

Other than that, really nice work. Interesting to see them with grey skin, and it does bring along the feel of family (which has always been integral to the genestealer cult process).
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

kierkegaard

Thanks for all the compliments. I'm glad that you like them, and that you find them creepy and horrible!

Quote from: Swarbie on March 19, 2011, 11:45:50 PM
The kid looks evil. The mother looks like she is hopelessly pleading with a hooded, black-robed Inquisitor.

Good. That was precisely the feeling I was trying to capture.

Charax - the skin is purple. Maybe the photo washes it out a bit, but it is based around the Hormagaunt purple foundation paint.

Edit - Group Shot now included.

Hadriel Caine

Ask and you shall receive. Thanks mate. They look cracking together :)
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

precinctomega

Now you can paint some regular humans to include in the cult as Brood Kin!

R.