Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Help needed, I am stuck and need ideas for a model

Started by judge-minos, March 19, 2011, 07:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judge-minos

Hi everyone,

some time ago I found myself with a pair of citizen legs of which I already used the rest.

After many trials with my bit box (which is quite big since I won a couple of those ebay bids with lot of mixed crap)

I found this to be the best combination

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/Judge-Minos/Work%20in%20Progress/IMG_7501.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/Judge-Minos/Work%20in%20Progress/IMG_7503.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/Judge-Minos/Work%20in%20Progress/IMG_7502.jpg

I already did some work on it and It has a gladiator feel to it but as you have seen in other of my work
I let myself distracted by how cool it looks and not at who he is in the 40k universe.

Now I feel that he needs something extra but I can't figure out what.

Help me to find out who he is so I can find what he needs.

first of all he completely has no range weapon so I came up with this two ideas

undershield guns

Or overshield webber (or steel net launcher) with a little work of course

Let me know what you think

Ciao

Shannow

To be honest he just doesn't look like he'd use guns,,,, But perhaps adding spikes to the top of his shield and giving a special 'pin' or 'crush' attack?

Love the overall look of the model though, and if pushed from the two you've suggested would go with the webgun easily, has a gladiatorial feel to it.

In terms of who he is,,,,,could just be a freed slave bound to an Inqusitor, or perhaps an interrogator investigating a Spartan type society world that has gone native?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Molotov

Plenty of worlds would have gladiatorial combatants - whether for the amusement of jaded nobles or massive spectator sports. I would say that this figure should eschew ranged weaponry. The idea of a web-launcher on his shield is fantastic, though, and I suggest that you should go along that route.

INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

kierkegaard

I think it looks great in the pose in the first photo looks, and it works without any additional weapons.

I love the helmet.

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

DapperAnarchist

"remember when people printed 'I agree with Nick' badges? Not even Nick Clegg can say that now..."

I think he's spot on. I've already got a few characters with no firearms - its very 40K. Remember, the most trustworthy weapon is your fist! (not sure if that's actually a quote, but it sounds like it could be...)
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Hadriel Caine

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on March 21, 2011, 10:15:19 AM
I think he's spot on. I've already got a few characters with no firearms - its very 40K. Remember, the most trustworthy weapon is your fist!

It is now. I quite like having characters without ranged weaponry. It makes the game very interesting.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

precinctomega

However, to comply with forum rules that require me to be constructive, I'd also observe that the net launcher is a brilliant idea but the back of the shield is the wrong place.  It should be attached to the back of the chainsword as an auxiliary weapon.

R.