Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

GW suspending metals production?

Started by MarcoSkoll, March 31, 2011, 01:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O_o

Everything you have been told is a LIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just  got off the phone  with  US  mail order
the  sold out  product is  the Grey Knights,  all other product is  in stock
as  for  production   UK   makes  metal and plastic
the US  only makes  Plastic

Flinty

Yep, no problem with the UK - ordered 4 figs Friday night, just seen the e-mail saying they were ready for dispatch Saturday.
Neanderthal and Proud!

Eladar

I ordered a Mynarc (my first inquisitor model) on the 31st and it got dispatched the following day. Seems to be no problems with stock of the metal models in the UK. Just waiting for the thing to arrive now... :p

MarcoSkoll

We don't necessarily know that they've stopped yet. And even if they have, they should have a healthy stock of most of them.

The warning is more that metal models in their range could go out of stock and stay that way for some time - get orders in before then.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Macabre

Marco, as I have already endeavoured to discover, if GW are putting a halt to metal production, then they are keeping it very quiet, even from their own staff. To be honest, this sounds like a lot of scare mongering in order to induce a spate of panic buying, or more logically a disenfranchised gamer who had gotten the wrong end of the stick with a delayed order. And as I have already stated, yes most of the SG range is no longer cast to maintain surplus levels (and hasn't been for about three years now), but it doesn't mean that they will be stopping all metal production for the range. Normally now, if they don't have specific SG models in stock, they will cast to order (so yes, there will be a delay).
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

MarcoSkoll

It may be all hot air and piffle. Which is why my first post includes words like "not confirmed", "rumour" and "if" - and why the topic title ends with a question mark.

However, the original source is an independent retailer who got news from GW and has denied he was pulling an early April 1st. So you will have to forgive me for doing what I thought was the decent thing and passing it on to those who don't frequent Warseer.

I'm going to take it as a hint to stop procrastinating over getting a few of the models I want for my Eldar army (given that I almost never buy Inquisitor models). Others can do what they will.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles