Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

IGT Article

Started by Aurelius 12, March 26, 2011, 08:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurelius 12

Right then, strike while the iron is hot and all that!

I have a fantastic time at the tournament, and a massive thanks to Dave and everyone else for making it so darn awesome. I believe in the pub there was talk of an article based on everyone's scenarios, a pack of tournament missions if you will.

Not sure what everyone else think but I imagine a good way of doing it would be everyone (who wants to, but the more the merrier) doing a paragraph or two outlining the mission. A short section (possibly IC) detailing what happened, followed by an evaluation of how it went, and what you'd change etc.

This could perhaps be top and tailed by some advice from Dave on how one organises and runs a tournament as a whole.

I think this would really compliment a general article on the IGT, I'm also writing a road to/impressions of article based on my experiences as a first time tournament goer!

So who's with me? And more importantly, who's going to be the project lead?!

P.S. I was (and still am) John SW, the one with the improbably large missile launcher and suicide bomber!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

Bloodpact

Im happy to contribute. My scenario wasnt terribly complex, but i enjoyed fleshing it out and running it.

J][M
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

Myriad

I'm pretty keen on this idea, and interested to see the whole range in scenario design from "written on the train" to "I built a tower block" (you know who you are  :)).

All we really need for a project lead is someone to collate all  the reports - I suggest a limit of 1 side of A4, maybe a bit more.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Stormgrad

i could write about mine its interesting as a first time inquisitor player and about what id do different because i think i would do a fair bit different

RobSkib

I would love to see this idea come to fruition, and above all else, I would love to see the input from the newest to the hobby to see what their thoughts are on the IGT, playing games for the first time, and generally how they found the whole experience! At this rate, we'll get more players turning up to each event, we shall spread the love!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Aurelius 12

Well I'd be happy to be the collator if people want. I agree, one side of a4 in Arial 12 ought to be plenty!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

Saussure

Just to be clear, DM would welcome such articles with open arms. However, I strongly advise someone to actively manage the process of putting it together, at least so people know who to talk to. I cite 'The Tale of Four Warbands' as an example of what goes wrong if this isn't done early on...

Looking forward to reading it!

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Dolnikan

I think it would be very interesting to read the experiences of so many players, especially for those of us who don't have a broad group of players in their vincinity. It could serve as a great source of inspiration for ones own scenarios I think.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Aurelius 12

Thanks for the advice and support Saussure!

As I said, I'm happy to oversee the article if no-one has any objections.

So here's the plan; anyone who wants to contribute should email me (my address is on my profile page) with no more than 1 side of A4 which includes the following;

1. An outline of their scenario
2. A description of what happened on the day when it was played.
3. A review of how the game went, how you'd come up with it, and what you'd do differently in future.
4. Your name!

It would also be great if Kaled could write an introduction to the whole affair, with some notes and advice of how to go about planning and running a tournament etc.

It would be fantastic if everyone who GMed submitted their scenario, but I appreciate that isn't very likely. I'd be happy to submit the article to DM with 10 or more scenario examples.

Since this would just be a 'scenario pack' sort of article, I'm fairly confident it would compliment any other articles on the IGT rather than treading on anyone else's toes!

Saussure

Photos.

Include lots of photos - either taken on the day, or shots of the warbands involved.

That is all.  ;D

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Heroka Vendile

Have a chat with Dave about the details of the formatting he's been using in the individual release articles, I'm sure he'll send you a template of some sort if you ask.

Euan.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

mattausten86

Id be more than happy to help,this was my first time GM'ing and playing,and to be honest some of the best games ive ever played.

My scenario(i thought was pretty simple),theres a few things id do differently,but that will be saved for the article!

cheers
matt

Kaled

Just supply the text with simple formatting, such as headers etc. If you want particular images in particular places then hightlight that in the document otherwise I'll just use my best judgement. Similarly, if you want some bits of text in side boxes etc then say so in the document.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Kaled

Have you had any submissions for this Aurelius?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Shannow

I am going to write mine up, but I'm currently busy with revision for my finals but will get it done eventually!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.