Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2012 - March 31st

Started by Kaled, March 30, 2011, 09:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodpact

Quote from: Kaled on March 25, 2012, 09:22:18 AM
Apparently they have some Space Hulk boards which the guy suggested might work well for Inquisitor so he's going to see about putting one of those out for us. Hopefully that will work well if anyone has planned a scenario to take place in an enclosed indoor space.

These boards would be excellent for Inquisitor. They are basically 4 x 4 boards with lots of snaking corridors and rooms made from the square roof tile pieces from the cities of death buildings (each square is roughly 40mm x 40mm, so are great size for Inquisitor). Some corridors are single file, some are double wide.
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

Hadriel Caine

Really Wish I could be there. Have fun chaps. So annoyed I will be in Nottingham yet unable to attend.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Bloodpact on March 27, 2012, 09:44:14 PM...most challenging and interesting was Gav's 'Rock Concert' scenario (although it should be pointed out that this scenario still devolved into a brawl in the centre of the board).
As the initiator of said violence, I must say in my defence that for the rest of us, it largely rode on your assassin making a move - which didn't happen until late in the game, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised to hear you were waiting for a distraction first.

In my case, I got a bit more of a short straw as I had only a vague instruction to investigate the audience for impurity (as opposed to you two, who had less cryptic instructions to try and kill/protect the singer) and my attempts to do that largely gave results equivalent to "You are in a mosh pit", so when it came down to the point that one of my characters got clouted by an audience member, I really had little clue what to be doing and so went with the (entirely in character) response of slugging him back.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i must admit, i was at a loss as to what to do with a third participant other than duplicate one of the other players' objectives... demonstrating that if you wanted a background-driven objective, you really need to fill it out and possible paths the player may take :-[
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Bloodpact

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on March 28, 2012, 04:19:08 AM
...which didn't happen until late in the game, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised to hear you were waiting for a distraction first.

I all honesty, i was absolutely wracking my brains for a way to assassinate the singer without implicating myself or my organisation. Whilst the brawl was handy, i certainly didnt expect it to escalate the way it did. I was trying to use the tech priest investigating the lighting rig to distract any unfriendly attention while my Acolyte forced somebody in the front row at knife-point to shoot the singer. Sadly the person i tried to force was possibly the most inept shot in the sub-sector.

The scenario forced me to think around a tricky situation, rather than a lot of games which are resolved by starting a gunfight, sprinting 3 times to point X, picking up item Y and then sprinting 3 times off the board.

@Kaled. I would be interested in running an event, but im not sure how many players would enjoy the restrictions i would put on character equipment! Im happy to write up a proposal for an event later in the year though. Let me have a think and i'll get back to you.
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

RobSkib

Looks like this is the first event in a couple years that I'm not going to be able to attend :( A combination of uni pressures, deadlines, work, blah blah blah. I hope you all have a great time and I look forward to seeing the pictures and writeups!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Hadriel Caine

10-6 this saturday you say? No promises but its beginning to look feasible- all my scenes are being filmed on Friday and I'll still be in Nottingham on Saturday... packing my figs, my book and some pdfs and crossing my fingers!
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Kaled

I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Kaled

Oh yes, please remember to pack cameras, tape measures, dice, pencils and all the other usual paraphernalia. I shouldn't have to say it, but I've lost count of the times people have forgotten one or more of the essentials.

And don't forget Carthax - the perfect place to record background for your scenarios, characters background, and tales of heroism and treachery from your games on the day.

Looking forwards to seeing you all on Saturday.

- Dave

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Kaled on March 29, 2012, 08:57:48 PM
Oh yes, please remember to pack cameras, tape measures, dice, pencils and all the other usual paraphernalia.

i've got all the gear.. except i can't find my D10s  :'(
hopefully they're in the car, otherwise Olis is lending me 2  ::)

curse my lack of Inquisitor Gaming! otherwise they'd be to hand :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Dolnikan

The cameras are the most important, those of us who cannot come still want to see pictures, lots and lots of them!
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Kaled

Looks like I'll be travelling by train on Saturday due to the general unavailability of petrol around here. Hopefully the situation will calm down, but at the minute it looks like I can't count on getting enough petrol to do the full round trip and have enough left for work next week, so Plan B seems prudent at this point. Fortunately, even though the train fare is not as cheap as it'd have been if I'd booked in advance, it's not much different to the price of a tank of petrol. So, what time are other people's trains arriving in Nottingham?

We were supposed to be going to see my parents tonight, so if I get a bit of petrol I may be travelling down from their house (which is between Lincoln and Doncaster), otherwise I'll getting the train from Preston. If anyone is likely to be travelling on either of those routes, get in touch and we can try to meet up on the train.

- Dave

MarcoSkoll

Well, I'm coming up the country, so you won't meet me on the train, but if it all works out on time, I'll be coming into Nottingham at 0903. Stormgrad will be there at 0842* and the two of us should be meeting at the station. Might be walking, might be taxi - depends.

*Next time, I need to convince him to take the 0700 from St Pancras (rather than the 0655), because that's the one I get on at Bedford at 0738 rather than the one that shoots past about seven minutes earlier without stopping. Might take about 15 minutes longer due to the extra stops, but it'd be more interesting. Same applies to anyone else coming out of STP of course.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

Looks like I'm also going to be short on petrol for the weekend. Which train are you catching from Preston Dave?

I'll probably catch the 6.53 from Chorley, which is the 6.44 Train from Preston. Gets in to Nottingham at 9.30am.

Kaled

If I'm coming from Preston then that's the train I'll be on. What train do you plan to get on the way home?

I need see if Bran can top up her car and talk to my parents before making a final decision about whether we go to their house so I'll let you know later today.

EDIT: Bran has been able to get petrol for her car, which means that we'll be able to go visit my parents as planned. Therefore, I'll either be getting the train from Gainborough or Doncaster in the morning. Or, if we are able to fill up the car when we get to Doncaster I may be able to drive to Nottingham after all.

Hope everyone else's journeys work out okay.