Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Judge dredd ABC robot idea... help please guys

Started by warpedspeedfreak, April 02, 2011, 10:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warpedspeedfreak

Hi guys im currently converting the arbite model into a judge dredd lookalike and its going good (pics up soon) Thing is ive gone judge dredd crazy now and i really want to make ABC robot from the 2000AD comics. Ive got some pics here to show you if you dont know what im on about.

[IMG]

You can get hold of a model versionl but its 12inches tall.

So its looking like a scratch build but my green stuff skills are stil in developement so any parts that could help would be great!!!

Here's hoping.

Flinty

Humm, Hammerstien would definately fall into the Abominable Intelligence bracket, I can see some scope for Blackblood and Pineapples, but I really fancy shoehorning Deadlock into Inqisitor myself. I have a Dark Mech group in (glacially slow) development which might suit.

As for parts, bits from the Chaos Engines (Soul Grinder etc) and Dreadnoughts could be cleaned up for the armour panels, shoulder pads are...shoulder pads. The head could be tricky, but he's pretty much a series of blocks rather than tricky symetrical curves. Im pretty sure some of the Terminator minis will give you something similar. In fact that first picture could be just that - much easier than trying to sculpt him with his helmet on. The body can just be a mess of wire, tubing and whatever as per the pics. Shame his pelvis is missing the 'Rover' brand in the shots you posted, that and the hammer hand are what defines him in my eyes.

I should give it a shot and see how it turns out, you might suprise yourself and I'd love to see what you come up with.
Neanderthal and Proud!

greenstuff_gav

it's worth noting in the Dredd movie, its simply a War Droid, not Hammerstien ;)
i'd look at butchering the Dread Knight (for chassis), a Sentinel and Defiler for basic shape / detail and use a Greenstuff / Procreate mix to make the armour plate...

oh, and alot of guitar wire :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Ancelyn

The Robo Cop model from Andrea might be a good base to start from.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Heroka Vendile

the russian ebay seller with the "insurgents" also has cyborgs

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

warpedspeedfreak

Thanks guys, some great ideas there. Its looking like a big project seeing as its going to be a scratch build.

Might keep it on the back burner for a little longer!

JoelMcKickass

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on April 03, 2011, 08:03:19 AM
it's worth noting in the Dredd movie, its simply a War Droid, not Hammerstien ;)
i'd look at butchering the Dread Knight (for chassis), a Sentinel and Defiler for basic shape / detail and use a Greenstuff / Procreate mix to make the armour plate...

oh, and alot of guitar wire :D

I dunno what this guy is on, but there's never been a Dredd film. This is non-negotiable. I learnt to read on 2000AD, and that travesty is just Demolition Man 2.

As for making an ABC Warrior, the Vindicaire would be quite a simple Pineapples (i'm half convinced that the 28mm Vindicaire is based on Pineapples. Trying to get Mongrol would be pretty fun.

Shannow

Quote from: JoelMcKickass on April 03, 2011, 09:06:40 PM
I dunno what this guy is on, but there's never been a Dredd film. T.

Yup, definitely has....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113492/

Awful awful film though.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Flinty

Shannow - please, no links to that...that....thing. It makes every right minded Squakk Dek Thargo die a little evrey time that is put forward as being at all representative of anything Dredd related. Stallone will forever burn in a pit in hell for his ''input'' into that abomination.
Neanderthal and Proud!

Ancelyn

Hopefully the new Dredd film will be good. It couldn't be any worse than the Stallone insult of a move.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Shannow

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Stormgrad

i like those robot models, along with finally getting round to watching the first season of caprica ive decided i want some cylons eventually (i see the downloading of peoples personality into the mechanical body as something that is close to but not heretical as it is close to AI but it isnt artificial)

precinctomega

QuoteYup, definitely has....

Whoops.  Shannow misses his "detect sarcasm" roll on a critical fail.

R.

Shannow

Thank you for ignoring that like everyone else robey....

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Shannow on April 05, 2011, 02:30:47 PMThank you for ignoring that like everyone else robey....
You see, I passed my "Detect Sarcasm" roll there.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles