Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Phil's Hrud

Started by phil-o-mat, April 04, 2011, 05:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil-o-mat

after reading the last "dark magenta"-article, i wanted my own hrud.
but i wanted it to be a little bit more personal, something strange/disgusting/...
so i used some softair-bullets...

these are the first steps:

internal structure:

first layer of milliput and the bullets.

second layer, added the head:

i tend to give him/her some kind of ranged weapon, but i'm not sure which one and the "face" will be covered by a hood.

c&c's welcome as always.

phil

p.s.: sorry about the last pic!

DapperAnarchist

Ooh, interesting... I'm started reworking my own Hrud, adding some tentacles and making the robe better...

Could this be a pregnant hrud? its back right now looks like a pregnant spider...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Shannow

Very creepy, even more so with the pregnant spider suggestion! Thanks for ruining my sleep dapper....shudder
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Dolnikan

It really sparks my curiosity, what are you planning with it or are you keeping us guessing?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Yes, I can just see tiny, foetal Hrud writhing around under the translucent skin of those bubbles!

Very interesting.
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

precinctomega

Ooh!  Watching with interest!

R.

phil-o-mat

thanks for the replies!
in fact that i'm studying biology, i had that pregnant spider in my mind as i created that character, so you were right. for a nomadic race like the hrud, it would be important to be independant from a nest, so i came to that idea.

last night, i gave her/him/whatever a hood and started with the details on the clothing:

what do you think?

Dolnikan

It looks nice, I think the hood will give a mysterious effect, something which would fit with a Hrud.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

kierkegaard

Quote from: precinctomega on April 05, 2011, 08:31:37 AM
Ooh!  Watching with interest!

So am I.

I like what I see so far. The pose/posture reminds me very much of the picture in the Xenology book.

Ancelyn

Odd and very, very creepy. I like it  ;D
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

phil-o-mat

finally found the time for sculpting!
added some tatters and worked a little bit on the hood.

c&c's welcome as always!

phil

Dolnikan

It is very informative for someone like me who can hardly sculpt to see the process moving along. The tatters do look very good, in my mind I am already getting a picture of what I think it will look like.

Cortez

I love this model. Seriously disturbing.

phil-o-mat

thanks for the feedback! it motivated me to stand up 2 hours earlier and work on my hrud.

added the first part of the sleeve, just to see how it works.

i will add some straps, similar to those on the hood.

i want to fix some minor mistakes using sandpaper, but i'm not sure which granularity works best. any advice?

phil

edit: and i need to change the calendar dates in my camera...

Necris

A high grade super fine would be best, maybe even look at getting an abrassive polishing paper instead of sand paper
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog