Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

My forst foray into Inquisitor.

Started by lestat, March 21, 2011, 04:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lestat

Greetings all,
The Convenant model I won from ebay arrived in todays post and I hope to be working on him over the next couple of days. As you can see, he is more or less complete. I think he's only missing some sort of pendant thing thats hanging from his neck.

I plan on keeping the psycannon, sword and pistol and losing the backpack to my bitz box. The head will be converted so i can give him some sort of half mask and hood combo, also losing the topknot.
He's a very nice and well-sculpted model and I hope to do the conversions justice.

RobSkib

If you've played a few games with bolt weapons, you'll know how hideously powerful they are in Inquisitor, a pyscannon being even more powerful, and a shoulder-mounted psycannon is the worst of the lot!

Have a play around with different combinations of weapons (if you have an INQ bitz box - if not, ask about and someone will trade with you any bits you need) - I've seen simple yet effective conversions of covenant giving him a pistol and a shield, twin pistols, a lasgun etc.

Have a fiddle with bits and poses - the more you can change of the weapons, the more it'll feel like your Inquisitor rather than just another Covenant.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

Robskib makes a good point.  You could always convert the shoulder mounted weapon to make it into a lasgun or autogun instead.  I'd also be tempted to convert the sword - swap it for a different blade or maybe turn it into an axe or something.  I do like the sound of your plans for his head.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

precinctomega

I, too, love the sound of your plans for his head.

It's great to see new players embracing the 54mm ethos so enthusiastically.

R.

dirkthe1

I tried to win that! Curse you profoundly!

kierkegaard

The more different from Covenant you can make it, the better it will be liked on here. Have you tried the ASR for bits? I'm sure someone has something you can use as a pendant, and who knows, you might be able to get some different arms or weapons for him too.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with, and welcome you aboard (I hope someone gave you the traditional big yellow welcome.)

lestat

I've changed my mind on this one folks. The head idea is being donated to another model (which I have another topic posted for - http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1428.0)
As I have now decided which of the Ordos my Inquisitor will belong to (I really must come up with a name for him at some point) I needed a big hat which was reminiscent of the Hereticus. I won the Bounty Hunter model on Ebay and the head from that was perfect for an Hereticus Inquisitor.
I've also decided to drop the Psycannon as it doesn't fit with the Hereticus theme. Maybe a rapier style blade or hammer and some sort of flamer would work..........

Oh well, back to the drawing board on this one!