Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Zoats in Inquisitor

Started by axiom, April 05, 2011, 05:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axiom

Hi all, back in 2006 I built a Zoat army for 40k, which included the 'Zoatifex' proxying as a Carnifex:

I'd put these guys into storage, but a chap on Warseer is building himself a new Zoat army, and I got thinking about my old Zoatifex, and whether I could use him in Inquisitor. Yes, he's on a 60mm base, and started life as a lizardman stegadon and an orc wyvern.

Do you think I should use him? Any idea what rules he'd need?

DapperAnarchist

I wrote up these rules for my (still incomplete, FOUR YEARS later) Zoat

Giant - Zoats are truly massive, towering over Space Marines, Orks, and even some of the larger Tyranids. This grants some advantages, and causes some problems. Zoats have the Hard To Kill special ability from "Brute Violence and Childlike Faith". They cannot crawl or jump straight up, and count as Large Targets.

Used the Quadruped, Scaled Hide and Hipshooting abilities, and seriously high strength. Psychic powers would be common, as their supposed to be pretty psychically powerful...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Myriad

It's always good to use these large models, and he does look pretty cool.  He's pretty large and powerful, though, so I'd probably save him for scenarios.  DA makes some pretty sensible points about the rules.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!