Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Preacher Vos Mortimus

Started by judge-minos, March 30, 2011, 05:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judge-minos

Hi everyone,
Somebody might remember my preacher from some WIp pix in the old forum, The only thing missing to paint was the book on his back, and finally I got around to it.

He is supposed to be an ex ganger turn fanatic preacher

I hope you guys like it

Dolnikan

He looks very good, the tatoos on his head show his ganger past very well. His makeshift staff witht the book also gives the idea of the somewhat improvised look one would expect for a character with his background.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Sabotage!

The model looks fantastic, it has tons of character. I particularly like what you did with Covenant's book and the face tattoos, both look superb!

P.S. Nice free-hand on the flagellant book!

Myriad

Nice conversion of covenant's book.  Lots of attitude in this model, waving a lectern in one hand whilst shooting with the other.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Shannow

Beautiful detail on the book and his face, very nice model indeed.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Stormgrad

I also like this model its a nice conversion, out of interest are you going to treat the lectern as a staff with a exterminator cartridge i can see this character pointing at a heretic with the staff and shouting burn heretic only for a jet of flame to appear from the ceremonial brazier at the top

Dwi

The colors seem to be just right and the tat is great. However I feel that a hand flamer might make more sence for a over zeloes preacher
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

Adlan

I like the revolver, feels very Saturday night special, along with the tattoo gives a gang feeling, the idea of the brazier being a flamer sounds great. The fuel pack on the back gives a nice tough of 40k realism.

RobSkib

Love it! He really reminds me of the 40k Missionary model that was brought out a while ago, good job. I really like the colour scheme, I wouldn't have thought those colours would have worked together, but you've pulled it off nicely.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

kierkegaard

Awesome work there. I love the freehand (especially on the pages of the book.)

Heroka Vendile

nice model, loving the detailing on the two books
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Hadriel Caine

I really like the tattoos. Very nicely done. Work well with the flesh tone and don't clash with the rest of the colour scheme. He has a classic feel to him that I can't quite place. Possibly the wargear, pose and paintjob is reminiscent of the SoB preachers and some necromunda pieces.

Kudos!
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

lestat

When I forst saw this model, I honestky thought it was a converted 40k preacher for an INQ28 warband. It wasn't until I looked a bit closer, I realised that it was a converted Malicant model. Kudos to you sir - a conversion which causes people to do a double take is a good one.