Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Zombie Conversion Packs

Started by greenstuff_gav, April 10, 2011, 08:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, it was mentioned (repeatedly ::) ) at the GT that we'd like to see Zombie Conversion Packs for your favourite 54mm figures :)

now, i'm still at the planning phase but thought i'd open the floor for ideas / contributions :)

the Plan© So Far; i was going to do 5 & 1/2 generic arms with torn sleeves and grasping hands etc, a head or two and some entrails that can be glued to figures...

however, i've had a better (?) idea... instead i do a series of bits, each designed for a specific Inquisitor figure :)

Example; Young Paladin Zombie Pack: 1x Arm, 1x half arm, zombie head and torn robe detail

(along way to go; the arm will have a glove to match covenants, the head needs sculpting, a smashed up psycannon replacement and there will be a flat object that glues onto a leg for a "torn open" effect :)

as i've got a Josef and an Eisenhorn coming, there's three packs to work towardtill i can get some more of the 54mm range to work with...

so, thoughts? suggestions?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Dolnikan

This seems to me to be a wonderful idea. I really look forards to seeing more of it.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

DapperAnarchist

The flat ripped cloth effect is genius...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

TheNephew

Sounds like a brilliant plan -  a little less daunting and technically complex than sculpting it all from scratch, or trying to make generics that will fit most of the GW range, especially with all the scale differences.

I guess IP's an avoidable issue in this case?

greenstuff_gav

IP shouldn't be an issue; they're generic 54mm zombie packs *innocent look*

slight update; i'm working on the outstretched arm, so here's the start of the head :)

a slightly aged version of the "Young Paladin" who has had his face torn up, no doubt as he fell fighting :)
next up is some lank straggly hair and a neck :)

Build Your Imagination

Dolnikan

That must have really hurt the poor paladin. I love the moustache.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

greenstuff_gav

so, here's where i am at the mo :)
still got more work todo on the outstretched arm; i've just reworked the joints so that they sit flush with covenants' torso :)

i'm not sure on the torn leg detail, but am trying to think what else to do!

Work has started on the broken up psycannon and i'm hoping to have a shotgun in the pack for hunting the zombie with!

Build Your Imagination

Aurelius 12

Love it so far! Have you considered a replacement foot perhaps? One where the boot is torn to shreds and you can see a half-eaten foot sticking out. (I rather like the idea that Covenant died from stubbing his toe on a zombie!) Also I fully support shotguns!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

greenstuff_gav

so, the shottie is far too large (being Covs' height!) , but the (busted) psycannon is pretty much done (the icon is a single bar but easily resculpted by anyone with the pack into a familiar icon :)

i've saved the "busted foot" idea for the Eisenhorn kit ;)

Build Your Imagination

Shannow

Awesome work as always dude!! Looks great when put together. Have to keep working so I can be at your level!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Myriad

Love it.  Fairly badass looking for a zombie mind, I think it's the carapace armour.  Love the exposed bit of skull, the detail work is impressive.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Inquisitor Dionzi

So what do you expect the demand to be for this pack, Gav?
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Dolnikan

Those parts are great, I really like how changing only a few parts of the model can make it a completely believable zombie.

greenstuff_gav

Well, i've held off spruing up the components till i had a better idea of demand; at the GT it was suggested that there was a market.. Who'd be interested if i was to get a price?

Build Your Imagination

RobSkib

This is going great! I'd definitely pick up one of these packs, but one or two bits are pretty covenant specific, which is a shame, as you might not get much of use out of them. The broken psycannon is lovely, and would definitely warrant being on a zombie covenant, not sure what I'd do with a second or third one however...

What I would like to see in this pack is another head or two and a few pairs of arms, maybe some busted open shoes and some misc accessories. 3 heads, 3 pairs of arms and half a dozen other misc items, brains, rotting patches etc, I'd happily pay over £20 for that :)

Keep up the good work gav!

*edit* If you make some prototypes of what you've got, I'd be happy to paint them up and send them back if you wanted to use them for display/commercial purposes. Drop me a PM if you're interested!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.