Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Work in progress

Started by Myriad, April 12, 2011, 04:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myriad

Well, I was staring at my eolith dracula and rummaging through the bits box looking for inspiration, when I found a skull that, I think, came with the kroot, leading to this;

I'm not quite certain about this though, especially the wings on the servo skull.  I can't decide whether they add a bit of grim dark to the model or just look silly.  Any opinions?
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Adlan

I love it, exactly the grimdark humour of 40k.

Weather it comes across more grim dark, or more humours will be in the paint job, but I love the conversion, really effective.

Dolnikan

I like the use of the spite wings on the skull, they do of course look a bit strange but fit perfectly with the character's style.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Alyster Wick

My first thought was that it looked like a very sinister water-spitting clown flower  ;)

kierkegaard

Quote from: Myriad on April 12, 2011, 04:16:39 PM
I can't decide whether they add a bit of grim dark to the model or just look silly.  Any opinions?

Just silly, but that is just my opinion.

Shannow

Quote from: kierkegaard on April 14, 2011, 02:16:58 AM
Just silly, but that is just my opinion.

I agree, BUT think it would work on another model that was macabre and silly such as a clown based psychopath  or some such.

But certainly on this model I think its a bit jarring. Very neat conversion though that I might steal for a clown base psychopath I've been wanting to do for a while...
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

With mechanical wings, I think it'd look great. With fairy wings, I think I agree with Shannow, not quite the right model for it.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

I think it depends on how the wings will be painted, they shouldn't be in overly bright colours but more muted or metallic ones could give a good effect.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.