Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Development of Inquisitor X (formerly a question about Covenant)

Started by Necris, April 13, 2011, 12:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

I have a question about the Covenant mini,

How easy is it to reposition the arms, I want him wielding a pistol and combat weapons but I want him aiming the pistol with the weapon held by his side or behind him.

Is it easy to repose the arms of should I just pin the lower arms and just GS some new upper arms.

Opinions and photos of any reposed Covenants would be welcome,

also how for any one that's done it how much of his shoulders need repairing after you cut his current shoulders away.

ah the joys of making birthday presents to force people into playing 54mm Inquisitor  ;D
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Hadriel Caine

Quote from: Necris on April 13, 2011, 12:20:25 PM
Is it easy to repose the arms of should I just pin the lower arms and just GS some new upper arms.

difficult to repose them. They're quite short to be honest due to the posing of the stock mini holding his two hander.

Here are my Covenants:

Jakart

Halaker

The second mini had one arm resculpted except the gloves. It wasn't too difficult at all. Should be easy to do what you suggest.

hope that helps.

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

greenstuff_gav

I want him wielding a pistol and combat weapons but I want him aiming the pistol with the weapon held by his side or behind him.

here's how i did one for a friend of mine; Covenant's top part with slicks' bottom half, but covenants should fit fine i think...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

kierkegaard

for any one that's done it how much of his shoulders need repairing after you cut his current shoulders away.

The torso is very versatile and the shoulders can be made into many different things. This guy has had pretty much all of the psycannon mount and webbing removed to allow the Bodyguard shoulder pads to fit. This guy has just had the webbing and psycannon mount filed down into a curved shape.

I hope that this is helpful to you.

Necris

Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions and the great pics

Heres what I've come up with so far.

Necris

Well I've been busy,

constructing 4 miniatures for this warband

First up is Gav's wonderful tech adept

Who shall be acting as Savant to my inquisitor

and some continuing development on my inquisitor he's got an arm now

sorry for the bad angle the other image blurred

JoelMcKickass

Is that a Grey Knight Terminator weapon? That seems to fit pretty well...

Necris

Its actually a grey knight space marine sword the terminator ones are thicker and longer (which I'm using on X's interrogator)

kierkegaard

They both look good so far.

I like the GK sword, but a revolver just seems a little low-tech for an AdMech character. Still, maybe it's a cunning piece of misdirection, and it's actually some sort of super weapon...

What are you planning to arm the Covenant conversion with, and what head are you going to use?

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: kierkegaard on April 19, 2011, 10:34:41 PMI like the GK sword, but a revolver just seems a little low-tech for an AdMech character.
The way I read it was that it wasn't an AdMech character, but he was using it as a savant model.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Necris

Marco's right if he recalls the exterminatus comic I was passing around at the IGT I'm basing the tech priestess on the Savant pascal within those pages

As for X I am planning to give him a hefty bolt pistol (I've only ever made one character with a bolt weapon) and in a break for my normal sword wielding masses I'm giving him a daemon hammer

as for the head I'm not sure yet, I'll have to dig around in my bits box and see if I can find an angry face

Molotov

Cherubael's head is nice and shouty - file the horns off and you've got a nice head for use.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Necris

Kaled

If you have a Cherubael head with horns attached do you fancy trading for one that's had them removed? It'd save me sculpting them back on...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Necris

And another update for you all

I'll see if I can find my Cherubael head (it might have a crappy paint job) for you Dave