Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Development of Inquisitor X (formerly a question about Covenant)

Started by Necris, April 13, 2011, 12:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidum

Oooh, Love the Daemonhammer. It looks awesome and much more realistically sized in Inquisitor scale. The metal high-collar is a very nice touch too. Kinda hard to tell with the pics, but your sculpting work looks very smooth and clean, I'll bet once it's painted you won't even be able to tell where the metal ends and the green stuff begins.

Necris

Thanks, it's not overly smooth but smooth enough considering I'm planning on adding shoulder guards to his arms and possibly some armoured plates to his upper arms,

the daemon hammer is from the grey knight terminator kit and I must say I am fairly happy with the set, the hands are a brilliant size for inquisitor (in fact they are slightly bigger than covenants original hands) and look good, I had to bulk up the cuff of his arms a little to make the fit a bit better but nothing major.

Just need the head now, I found a stone head I had lying around I may have a go a removing some of the excessive surgical staples and see what he looks like 
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Hadriel Caine

Looking good Tony! I'd say stone's head will be a bit on the large side but should work.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Kaled

I used Stone's head on Covenant's torso for my Inquisitorial Stormtrooper with a bolter & chainsword. Take a look, but I think it fit okay.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Molotov

The posing of this model is very cool indeed. The hammer works well, also: I think this model looks fab.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Necris

Ok another day another question

I've been considering the head of Inquisitor X

Now is this ok or do I need to drop the head a little place the chin under the gorget/bevor of his armour?

I'm planning on sculpting some hair onto him (can't be doing with baldness)

Also for all you sculptors out there whats the best way to make shoulder guards?

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Necris

precinctomega

That looks great!  The hair and shoulder pads are excellent additions that really give this model a character of its own.

R.

Adlan

Very reminiscent of the warhammer Warrior priests, in a very good way, feels like a 28mm 40kification of them, but with the awesome of 54mm, and is very nicely done.

Molotov

Really lovely, this is a great model. I also particularly like how adding hair has completely changed Stone's head. Good work!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Molotov on April 26, 2011, 02:01:00 PMI also particularly like how adding hair has completely changed Stone's head.
Same here.

I've got two of the things around, so it's a bit of a shame that the GW heads are mostly too big for my modelling style.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

He looks very good and original. Could you show a pic of the shoulder guards?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Necris

No Problem

They're both from the grey knights terminator set

Dolnikan

Quote from: Necris on April 28, 2011, 11:43:42 PM
They're both from the grey knights terminator set

You already anticipated my next question, anyway, I think they fit very well with the model.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.