Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

My first Monodominant... introducing Alia Icarus!

Started by Bloodpact, April 14, 2011, 12:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodpact

Still a work-in-progress, but its going well so far. Sawing the arms up in 3 places to repose it was a bit tricky, but a bit of greenstuff will fix it up nicely. One thingh i never realised about this model is despite all the armour on the front, front behind she appears to have her bum out wearing a thong... May have to change that, or the filthy witches wont take her seriously!

Still not sure about the rest of the Warband yet. Had pondered having her working alone, accompanied by 2-3 Cyber Mastiffs.
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

Stormgrad

i really like it the pose is brilliant and if the painting matches the standard of your models i saw at the IGT then im sure it will be brilliant

Herald

While i like the conversion i just wonder whether it would look better with the chainsword under her hands as if she's resting on it. This would seem to fit more with the pose of her legs which seem more 'at rest' than 'fighting stance' to me. It would also, from a game play perspective, make it easier for her to fit through doorways, under walkways, in buildings etc.
"A man who joins the Inquisition a radical has no faith, a man who leaves it a puritan has no sense".

Bloodpact

I've actually changed the position of the head now, so that its facing the forward leg, to make it look more like she is advancing, and which also makes the arms look more like they are in that 'samurai holding a Katana upright' pose. I've also changed the head to a converted version of the Enforcer's visored helm, which reinforces the 'faceless executioner' aspect of the model.

Stormgrad

Dolnikan

I wonder what it looks like now that those changes have been made, but it does look good so far.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Bloodpact

You'll have to wait a bit, cos ive changed it again, but i cant decide if i like it. Trying to work on a mask type idea similar to Inq Peligia on page 129 of =][= rulebook.

Im also working on an Inquisitor/Interrogator based on the Judge figure.

Stormgrad

im interested to see what you do with the judge as i have my own plans for that model

Kaled

I like what you've done with the model, and I get what you're going for with the samurai pose but I think the chainsword is too big for it to really work.  Plus as someone else said, it is going to make the model rather unwieldy.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Bloodpact

Ok, i am officially struggling with the head now. My latest (as of 15mins ago) idea is a Sabbat pattern Sororitas style helmet, but im not sure how to make one, ive got half a baneblade shell to use as a base, then i'll need to green the visor shape

The pic is for those not familiar with the Sabbat pattern helmet.

Quote from: Kaled on April 14, 2011, 06:54:19 PM
I think the chainsword is too big for it to really work.  Plus as someone else said, it is going to make the model rather unwieldy.

The chainsword does look a bit odd from that angle. I'll post some more pics when i've fixed the head issue. Its intended to be used as an Eviscerator, as the character is supposed to be ex-sororitas Repentia who never fulfilled her quest for redemption and cast out of the Order. She now seeks to make amends in the eyes of the Emperor by purging the Galaxy.

Kaled

I guess what I meant was, would anyone really use an eviscerator in the same way they'd use a katana?  Isn't it too bulky and unwieldy for that style of fighting?

The helmet idea sounds good - if I was doing it I'd use Procreate or brownstuff rather than green as they're easier to file, add the visor shape without worrying about the surface being smooth, just getting the shape right, and then file it afterwards.  You could either do the eyes in the first pass or cut them out later.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Bloodpact

I didnt see the Eviscerator being weilded Katana-style, rather she carries it upright as this is the easiest way to balance a long heavy object. The same way you wouldnt carry a spade* held horizontally from its handle, but carry it upright until it is required for use.

The upright pose also gives it more of a ceremonial pose, as befits weilding such a holy relic.

*A spade possibly isnt the best example, but i hope you get the idea :D

DapperAnarchist

I assumed the model "pictured" her not in combat, but in some sort of ceremonial role, perhaps even a parade - though a failed Repentia, she would still be intensely religious.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Dolnikan

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on April 14, 2011, 08:37:03 PM
I assumed the model "pictured" her not in combat, but in some sort of ceremonial role, perhaps even a parade - though a failed Repentia, she would still be intensely religious.

I thought the same, she looked like she stood before something or someone important.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Adlan

Quote from: Kaled on April 14, 2011, 07:07:12 PM
I guess what I meant was, would anyone really use an eviscerator in the same way they'd use a katana?  Isn't it too bulky and unwieldy for that style of fighting?

Worrying over much about bulk and weight in 40k weapons would mean everything would be too big and unwieldy. As a Single Edged two handed blade, the stance seems reasonably appropriate to me, and doesn't look unfeasible or unbalanced to me, though Necris is the real expert on steel combat, I've only dabbled.