Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Summer Conclave at WHW - July 2nd

Started by Van Helser, April 21, 2011, 05:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

The Antonine Amulets

The pale stars of the Antonine Cluster lie towards the spinward edge of the Carthaxian Sector, their wan light ghosts in the night skies of the sectors more prosperous central worlds.  At the centre of the cluster lie two decaying hive worlds, Perdido and Imshee, once prosperous worlds with economies based on the plentiful minerals once found in their star systems.  Their asteroids and moons now mined bare, both worlds have fallen into poverty, ancient ties with the Adeptus Mechanicus the only thing keeping the worlds' foundries from falling silent.  

Though the traditional commodities of the worlds are all but exhausted, the secluded location of the cluster and unimportance of its worlds in the eyes of the sector government has created a thriving black market in slaves, mercenaries, proscribed tech and xenos items.  The mining of the Perdido and Imshee systems unearthed thousands, perhaps millions, of trinkets, weapons and unknown items of xenos manufacture.  Now the Cold Trade in these forbidden items has grown to serious levels, and items are being found as far away as Iricadia, a whole sector away.  Amongst the most sought after pieces are the "Antonine Amulets", jewels of perfect blues, greens and purple set into metal of unknown composition.  The purpose of these amulets is unknown, but whether they are power sources, weapons or plain baubles, they are highly treasured, drawing prices that could buy a transport vessel.

For some, the time to eradicate those that would deal in forbidden artefacts is nigh, while others will do anything to protect their trade routes.  With the economy of the Antonine Cluster relying so highly on the black market, there are those that would protect the trade even if they disagree with the casual handling of xenos artefacts, lest whole worlds of men and arms be lost to the Imperium.  The Mechanicum have a controlling interest in Perdido and Imshee, and the open-minded of their Magi may well have desire of the mysterious Amulets.  There are various xenos in the cluster who support and oppose the trade, and the agents of the Eye of Terror are ever at work.  The Cold Trade out of the Antonine Cluster is a multi-dimensional entity, at once economical, political and heretical in nature, and its continuing existence or demise is sure to have resounding effects on the Carthaxian sector as a whole.

Evening ladies and gents

After pretty much disappearing after the IGT due to the sudden demands of real life (and some really bad neck and shoulder pain that still grumbles on...) I have finally managed to get back on track with the important things in life - Inquisitor gaming!

If there is sufficient interest, Warhammer World can host the long-delayed campaign day, The Antonine Amulets on the 2nd of July.  They have nothing available in June, and the rest of July is no good for me.  Leaving things 'til later brings it too close to Marco's weekend in October.  Once every 3 months is just about reasonable for us with employers/other halves/bank accounts to appease!

I'd like to have a rough idea of numbers in a couple of weeks time so I can get my flight booked while the price will still be fairly reasonable.

So, who's in?

Ruaridh

EDIT: page updated with intro.

Kaled

I'm definitely in. It'll be a good chance to field test one of my new warbands - the difficult bit will be deciding which one, Tau, Rogue Trader, Ordo Chronos...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Aurelius 12

Sadly I'll be definitely out- on account of being somewhere in the Aegean at that point.  :'(

See you in October then!  ;D
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

Stormgrad

it really depends on my partner and if im allowed but as my birthday is a month before i might be able to swing it as a present

Shannow

I'm definitely a maybe, depends on money and whether or not I've been accepted to my masters! Hopefully be there though!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Kaled

Quote from: Stormgrad on April 21, 2011, 06:12:41 PM
it really depends on my partner and if im allowed but as my birthday is a month before i might be able to swing it as a present
Do we need to make special Conclave permission slips for these events?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Shannow

Quote from: Kaled on April 21, 2011, 06:50:18 PM
Quote from: Stormgrad on April 21, 2011, 06:12:41 PM
Do we need to make special Conclave permission slips for these events?

Well if we put the terrifying face of Dave on then I'm sure non would dare impede attendance  ;)
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Stormgrad

permission slips sound like a good idea, ive just sahred this thread with her and apparently i make her out to be an ogre and i assure all she is not

Shannow

Quote from: Stormgrad on April 21, 2011, 07:28:07 PM
permission slips sound like a good idea, ive just sahred this thread with her and apparently i make her out to be an ogre and i assure all she is not

Ogryn?  ;) I jest of course! Anyone who makes pack lunches like that at the IGT couldn't possibly be!

Time to die.

Stormgrad

shes really pleased you all remembered the epicness of my pack lunch
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And i'm now a Definite attendee

Holiad

So far, I'm not aware of any problems with myself and Myriad attending on the 2nd of July, so you can expect to see us there.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

MarcoSkoll

I'm not currently booked for anything else on July 2nd, and after being cheated of an appearance at the IGT, Katlien deserves some games... actually, she also deserves to be painted, but that's neither here nor there.

Count me in, short of any shenanigans.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

dirkthe1

I intend to be there- sonisphere is the week after so I should be free.

MarcoSkoll

... Aw, crap.

I knew I might have been forgetting something. My old school's summer concert (where they get tend to get most of the old crew, myself included, back to help) is July 1st-2nd.

However, I don't think that prevents me turning up for this. We'll have got the concert set-up done the week before, and it's just a rehearsal and show on the Friday and an evening show and de-rig on the Saturday.
So while I might have a very short night between the end of the Friday concert and getting on a train on Saturday, as well as having to make my way back home sharpish to help out with the end of the concert and the de-rig, I should be able to do both.

Still count me in, but don't be entirely surprised if I'm a little worn out on the day.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Bloodpact

Im in! And i might be able to convince a mate of mine who was desperate to go to the IGT, but couldnt cos it was his bday weekend and he'd already got something on.

Bringing either my Monodominant or (if i actually get around to sorting it, and it fits with the campaign weekend) my Dark Eldar Warband.
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!