Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Seldon's acolytes

Started by Kaled, April 23, 2011, 01:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

Quote from: precinctomega on April 24, 2011, 08:54:53 AM
So what search did you do on eBay to find these? 

I literally copied and pasted 'De Agostini Star Wars' into google to try and find more info on the overall minis and the first link went to an ebay listing of the De Agostini figs.  I will say that none of them were nearly as cheap as the ones Kaled managed to find but I'm going to keep looking (there have to be a few used ones out there on the cheap).

I'm particularly loving the Administrator model. While he is the one that tipped me off that these were Star Wars models he's relatively obscure and looks like he'd fit in with little to no modification. Throw some choice piercings on his head and he'll make a great addition to my Clive Barker tribute collection...

Kaled

Yeah, I looked again today and found someone has a load on eBay that they're asking silly prices for.  Still, they seem to crop up pretty often so hopefully you'll be able to find the ones you want.  There are two more that I'd like - should have kept quiet until I got them as now I'll be bidding against you lot!

EDIT:
Quote from: SpanielBear on April 23, 2011, 02:17:12 PM
The Acolyte/Lando conversion is excellent, it works really well. I get a kind of GrimDark P.I. feel from it- rather than a fedora and trench coat, a cloak and puritan hat.
I really like this idea - I think I'll use it as the basis for his background.  When I built these characters I was starting solely from the models with little thought of who they'd be.  I started with the Wedge/Valkyrie Pilot conversion - I thought he'd be a useful NPC seeing as I have the Valkyrie.  And Tion Medon seemed like another useful base for a generic NPC.  It was only after I'd planned those two and figured out what I wanted to do with Lando and Padme that they found their place in a warband.  Now to figure out backgrounds (and names) for the rest...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

precinctomega

I was reading the "Blood of Martyrs" supplement for Dark Heresy last night and re-discovered the Calixian Witch-Finder career, the illustration of which was basically this model.

"Carthaxian Witch-Finder" anyone?

R.

Kaled

Good idea about the Witch-finder - I'd forgotten about that bit in Blood of Martyrs.

Anyway, the first of them is now painted 'Lady' Cyn Havelock.

I plan to do the Valkyrie pilot next, mostly because I have an idea of how he's going to look.  I'm stumped as to what colours to paint the other two...

- Dave

axiom

Tremendous looking figure you've got there! There's no Star Wars references and she slots nicely into the 40k universe. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the Void Born figure also. Thanks for the useful reference link - I've been, reviewed and am now looking out for one or two of the figures to crop up on ebay.

I've seen a couple of references to these being 6cm - how do they compare versus GW Inq figs?

Kaled

They are tall, but not outside the range of human heights - Cyn is about as tall as the Eldar Ranger and the others are a touch taller.

Shannow

That seems perfectly reasonable to me, but then I think anything up to 7ft is reasonable to be perfectly honest!

I really love her bionic eye!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Hadriel Caine

I really like the paint job on her! Strikingly different to Padme and  some nice 40k additions.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

judge-minos

Oh my god, she's awesome,

great job as usual, painting is flawless

and for how well you 40fied her I can say only this: "Padme who???????"

Dolnikan

I love her look, very 40k. Not a trace remains of the star wars figure.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Ulgavitch

if you hadn't said it was star wars, I would have said 'Where did those great mini's come from?'

I have to say, given the size of the flamer she's carrying I find the pose a little strained. As much as I like my women strong - there are limits surely ... ?

kierkegaard

You've made a pretty crappy model look pretty good indeed, but I think that your own sculpting work is far superior to the original model.

precinctomega

I have an embargo on buying new INQ minis until I've (a) sold off some of mine and (b) finished the ones I don't sell.  But these Star Wars minis are seriously tempting me!

R.

Kaled

He's not finished yet (helmet & shoulder pads being the main areas as yet unpainted), but I wanted a second opinion on his visor.  I tried to paint a simple reflection then varnished it to make it reflect a bit more light but I'm not sure whether the experiment was successful...

Opinions?

JoelMcKickass

Oooooh, i like him. It does look reflective, so i'd call it a success, but i've never tried to paint anything to look reflective.