Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Seldon's acolytes

Started by Kaled, April 23, 2011, 01:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

He looks fantastic, and his pose gives him an odd bit of edgy-ness I think, reflection looks great. Look forward to finished article!
R
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Kaled

Oh, the other question I meant to ask - does anyone have any ideas for cool colour schemes for the other two? I'm planning to start painting them tomorrow but have no idea what colours I'm going to paint them...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

JoelMcKickass

Depending on the Flamer-Girls personality, if she's a pyromaniac, i'd go for a load of clashing colours, as though she doesn't really think about whether it's a uniform or if it matches, because if it's not fire, she's not interested.

Having said that, it's a nice model, so i'm not sure making it look garish may help.

Kaled

She's already been painted and pics are higher up in this thread. It was the void born and guy in the hat I was referring to needing ideas for.

EDIT: So what do you think? Is she too garish with the orange top? I didn't want to make her a pyromaniac - it felt like too much of a cliche. All too often characters have flamers because they love to burn things. I decided to give her the nickname 'Lady' because some of her colleagues think she's a bit stuck up and posh, though it's more to do with her accent (kind of like the way a lot of Americans think Brits are posh just because of their accents).
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Shannow

I like the idea of crimson and gold for the voidborn with the obligatory pale/blue skin tone not sure why, but first thing in my head.

I think the flamer girl looks fine if the background matches the look, which given the rest of your characters I am assured it will do.

Guy in the hat, sort of dark brown detective trench coat with ivory handles on gun?

Whatever you choose I look forward to them being done

R
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

JoelMcKickass

I quite like her, the camo pants are really well done, and she's not white, which you never see.

I agree with Shannow's Hat-man idea, a dark brown detective coat whilst looking severely downtrodden. For the Void-Born i'd go for a dark purple rather than crimson, but i can't remember what the original model was painted like...so i may just be thinking of that and imagining i came up with that colour scheme.

Alyster Wick

Really liking the reflection, it's a fantastic bit of work you've done.  Really stunning, it gives the model a truly epic feel as it suggests far more than could be fit onto his base.

Quote(kind of like the way a lot of Americans think Brits are posh just because of their accents).

You mean...you aren't all posh?

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Molotov

The pilot looks very cool, and not at all like a Star Wars miniature. I can still see Padme in the Lady, but the pilot is fantastic.

Still, excellent work repurposing the figures!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

precinctomega

The problem with the reflection, Dave, is that it's curving in the wrong direction.  Assuming a flat-ish horizon, and given the angle of the visor, the curve of the reflection should be descending to the middle quite sharply, like this:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/34770455_fdcc9e7ad0.jpg

R.

kierkegaard

You never cease to amaze me Dave - I had a look at those DeAgostini models, and I thought that they were a level of crap only one step up from those toy soldiers that Octavian Lars is using. You have made them look pretty awesome though.

I really like the pilot. It's nice to see that ancient autopistol too (it must be older than some of the people who post on this forum.)

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Quote from: kierkegaard on May 03, 2011, 06:38:41 PM
I thought that they were a level of crap only one step up from those toy soldiers that Octavian Lars is using.
was that an insult
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

kierkegaard

Not an insult to you, (in fact I admire the optimism of seeing potential in those figures,) but an insult to the company that produced them. They are not exactly what you would call a quality product, are they?

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Too right the stub pistol was a nightmare to glue on the plastic is terrible. I wonder if I made a vacum press mould in the tech dept so gav could make better ones.
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

precinctomega

Making a vacuum casting chamber in CDT (or whatever you kids all it these days) would be a fantastic (and very useful) project!

R.