Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

I.O.Rosenthorn.

Started by Serge, August 01, 2009, 07:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serge

Yeah, Forgot to show pics of Iscariot Orfei Rosenthorn, Now that he's painted. First painted mini in years in fact (If you ignore my Lucrezzia Belladonna.)

I apologise for the low quality of the photos, but I took them with my Mobile phone.

However: IScariot Orfei Rosenthorn. Former Child Soldier of the "Voidborn Beautiful", Former Commissar trainee of the "Voidborn Beautiful", Eversor temple trained henchman of Inquisitor Estragons warband.

Right side.

Back with Back-stab wound.

Left.

Front. He likes grenades. Pulled a pin on a grenade hanging on his chest and charged into combat once. (In a test duel). Smartest thing he ever done. How else would he defeat a Dark eldar drachite (Eldar pirate prince stats) with agoniser and powersword in cc?

Even though he's a loyal imperial servant, he has an annoying habit of flaying and devouring his enemies faces.

The sculpt is kind of a self-portrait, (except my chin isn't that big, unfortunately). Now wouldn't it be fun with a warband consisting of conclave member self-portraits?
Nothing endorses anything that has something to do with me.

Van Helser

Looks like something John Blanche would have nightmares about - twisted 40k at its best Serge!

Hadriel Caine

that is seriously cool, I'm struggling to identify lots of the parts there (which is a good thing), looks very cohesive and scary IMO.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Serge

Thanks.

He's mostly made of greenstuff (plus some guitar wires, steel wire and a plastic bolter).

Next in line (of inq stuff):

† Ordinary Sniper named Cecillia
† AS Sister hospitaller with lots of bionics nicknamed "Stitch Siddal"
† Gunslinger Anael Estragon with true grit and WP100 and no psychic powers
† Inquisitor Vladimir Estragon
† Robspierre Djink, Navigator
† Other stuff

Rosenthorn is very different compared to other Inq. Characters, because A) He's not raised on the street by mobsters and B) His parents are still alive, still working as imperial entertainers.

Aidan

:o That's really... unique. *shudder* Gruesome, but cool. Is it self-sculpted or contructed from really obscure bits? 'cause I have no idea where that comes from. Nice work.

QuoteRosenthorn is very different compared to other Inq. Characters, because A) He's not raised on the street by mobsters and B) His parents are still alive, still working as imperial entertainers.
;D Yeah, it's amazing how many Inqusitiors have the same kind of history. I've tried to avoid this, too.

-Aidan.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Serge on August 02, 2009, 10:33:46 PMRosenthorn is very different compared to other Inq. Characters, because A) He's not raised on the street by mobsters and B) His parents are still alive, still working as imperial entertainers.
Something I like to see - but not entirely unique to your character.

The thing is, most of my Inquisitor characters still have much of their former lives intact. Exceptions like those characters who went through the Schola Progenium (frequently orphans, or officially disowned) exist, but what's the sense in killing off everyone's parents just so you can have boringly stoic characters with atrophied emotions?

Emotionally healthy characters are much more fun.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Serge

I'd hardly call a drug-pumped face-eating brutal close combat monster (mini-eversor) former child soldier and commissar who can rip a greater daemon weapon armed (Corrupter, vampyre, magical force, gnawing, enfeebling and regenerating) ogryn into pieces in one action and whose main method of communication is hissing and growling mentally stable.

And yes, it's self-sculpted.

And now, I'll try to finish of Cecillia, and work more on "Stitch" Siddal. I "invented" a new and better way to sculpt faces so that they would look like "more better", so I'll try once more on Cecillia (Since the last face suffered from size creeps (got 3 mm to big, that's like if the face was 4 inch bigger. Not good for a pure human.)).

MarcoSkoll

I didn't necessarily say your character was mentally stable. I said that I prefer mine to be.

The reason I don't write characters with the same (rather clichéd) history is that characters who are just emotionally stale or off their rocker don't really appeal.
Even the sociopath amongst my collection has some nods to normality.

QuoteNow wouldn't it be fun with a warband consisting of conclave member self-portraits?
Missed this point first time round.

I still intend to do the miniature of me (and indeed, I'm also still adjusting the rules for myself as well). I'm sure great amusement could be had from the idea at a Conclave meet if enough people catch on to the idea.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dosdamt

So insanely anarchic, chronically twisted, brilliant.
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Kaled

I don't quite know what to say to this one - the painting is less than perfect, but it's a look that works perfectly for this character.  Very twisted and grusome - fantastic work.  He'd look even better if his base was finished though.

I'm really looking forwards to seeing your take on a Sister Hospitaller...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat