Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

TJ-Flames WIP's

Started by TJ-Flames, May 04, 2011, 09:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ-Flames

Hi Guys, I know I've been very quiet, here's why:

I ordered me a Box of Russian Intruders

These are hidden inside the packaging, plastic is a bit more brittle than GW and 1 guy had already broken of a hand.

Some Terminator Basses, are these the correct size?

Some basses I've already did some work on, good for a start.

The first guy got a terminator shoulder pad and some basecoat, then I remembered I wanna do something to the boots.

2nd guy got a berzerker plasma pistol and chainsword, the Berzerker hands are bigger then normal Marine ones and work nicely. Added some mesh armour and Carapace armour, and Bulked out the Boots.

What do you guys think so far?

Dolnikan

It looks very good, the hands fit very well, the boots are very nice.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

TJ-Flames

The boots look a bit big, but tons better than the clown feet they have. The hands are the same size as the ones that where on the model. I might add a few more small things. But the models are quite busy from the start, so not a lot of room for extra bits.

I need to get a dremmil for this kind of models.

Aurelius 12

I've got a box of these in ther post at the minute, so it's good to see what they're like! I've also got another set coming too (the Heroes of Shipka no less) who I thought might make for some interesting (and rather finely dressed) pdf forces. I've got another box of something quite different coming too, but that's a surprise...
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

TJ-Flames

HEHE

I wanna get the Pirates next, lots of models with 2 weapons, makes for easy swapping.
The guys with big rifles will be hard to remove the guns, unless you have a dremmel, but if you plan on keeping them or converting them then they are great.

explorator

Quote from: Aurelius 12 on May 04, 2011, 01:47:06 PM
I've got a box of these in ther post at the minute, so it's good to see what they're like! I've also got another set coming too (the Heroes of Shipka no less) who I thought might make for some interesting (and rather finely dressed) pdf forces. I've got another box of something quite different coming too, but that's a surprise...

Oddly, those are the exact same two kits (Insurgents and Heroes of Shipka) I ordered.  I cannot wait for them to arrive!

MarcoSkoll

I still think the model company must have commissioned the box art for these then decided they needed to mirror it. (The guys in the painting are all left handed.)

I'm personally flip-flopping on whether to get some of these as the makings of an NPC hive gang or something. On the one hand, cheap and easy - on the other, a lot of people have got them and doing serious remodelling on single piece models is a bitch.

On that note:
Quote from: TJ-Flames on May 04, 2011, 11:28:56 AMI need to get a dremmil for this kind of models.
I don't use it too often for this kind of work - I don't particularly like to be using a cutting disk that can make a mockery of steel plate only a couple of centimetres from my hand.
The problem is, the model's got to be held still while you cut (and pliers will usually damage it), but at the same time, rotary tools have a habit of "kicking" at times, particularly if used single handed.
If you've got a good mini-vice, that might work, but if not then Dremel + Finger will end badly.

Usually I find my soldering iron's hot knife attachment is a safer (if slightly more imprecise) approach. Even razor sharp hobby knives are often safer. Obviously though, neither works on metal, if for different reasons.

That said, I have found modelling uses for my Dremel. The mini grinding bits are good for getting rid of details that you might not be able to get a normal file to, and I often use the diamond bits for smoothing green stuff or sharpening details.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

kierkegaard

I would have made the boots smaller not bigger (those models have incredibly big feet.)

TJ-Flames

Hmmm

Maybe I'll try that on one of the other guys.

explorator

I just ordered  few days ago, and I wish I had seen this kit as I would have added it to my order in a second.  I will probably order this kit as soon as I get my first order delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CYBORGS-6-Toy-Soldiers-54mm-plastic-NEW-/300553525813?pt=Toy_Soldiers&hash=item45fa62da35#ht_950wt_1139

Good enough for conversion bits, but they also bear a passing resemblance to the OLD metal Necrons.  Little bit.

Is this company coming out with new kits all the time, because I had not seen this one before?

MarcoSkoll

No, the cyborgs have been out for ages.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

TJ-Flames

There is probably like 10 kits or so, some nice variety too.

Heroka Vendile

closer to 20, minimum, quite a large variety although some are considerably less useful to INQ than others.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy