Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Genevieve's Wish Campaign Modelling Log

Started by Aurelius 12, May 09, 2011, 12:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

I more associate drone with flying dustbin lids (friend's joke about gun drones), but maybe this is a remote control scout walker controlled by a tau up in an orbital or manta.
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Aurelius 12

@Molotov; Thanks! It's really nice to see it's attracted so much favour.  :)

Regarding the stealth suit, Octavian's hit the nail on the head. The walker is supposed to look like a stealth suit as it is a semi-autonomous robotic adaptation of one, making use of the same stealth field generators and exoskeletal technology. I think when I said drone it might have given the wrong impression.

So yeah basically it's supposed to be an unmanned (and thus slightly smaller) variant of the stealth suit, controlled either by an operator via telepresence, or autonomously.

And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

eyeolas

I must say the suit does look very very cool, but I'm also under the impression his head is a bit off.

Personally, I'd give turning the head over a go. As in, having the bit that's currently facing up point foreward (to make a visor), and the current face pointing up (possibly replacing the eye bits with the antena). This may allow you to have his head generaly closer to the body, and will separate him from a standard 28mm stealth suit.

Though it should definately be said this is all personal preference, and if it works for you go for it!