Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

the founding of a new =I= warband

Started by Casadrian, August 29, 2009, 03:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casadrian

Hello out there,

so I'm new to the conclave and happy to have found a "living" forum with other fans of Inquisitor.  :)
As you might notice, I'm no native speaker (...writer). I'm german but i hope, i don't make to much mistakes. ::)
but enough of introducing myself...
After a couple of =I= games with my 28mm collection, i decided to build up a warband in 54mm scale; for more atmosphere and the fun of building a large figure :)
The first model, i'm going to make will be an old friend of the Inquisitor. No name or background is decided yet, but for his charakter i always think of Han Solo from Star Wars. :D
He's based on some cowboy from Andrea Miniatures:

the figure is called Lt. Col. Cluster   (maybe i should keep that name?)
Well, i thought his hands and the tiny guns looked little heroic, so i decided to give him a cool Blaster and a chain-sword... (from where and why will be dealed in his history i'm going to write) I shaped of his holsters and some fringes at his trousers...

For his hands i used those from Skaven and they seem to have just the perfect size (imao)
I added some stuff along his belt, so this is where i got so far:

Chainsword and gun not yet finished. Still, i'm not sure what to do with his head or wheter i should convert it at all... (maybe his mustache is just cool enough the way it is... ;))

C & C is very welcome!

greetings from germany,

Casadrian
"Do not presume to judge me or the methods I choose to employ, petty-minded fool. You cannot comprehend the magnitude of the task I have undertaken nor the consequences of my failure."

TheNephew

I like the conversion - a good original model, and the hand swaps are neat and clean.
You were right to change the hands to bigger ones - at the original scale the hands (while being anatomically correct) look ridiculously small against GW sculpts.
The chainsaw looks nice and heavy and the amount of extra pouches and pockets you have added is good too - he now looks futuristic but not cluttered.

As long as you get the head on properly (like it is in the first picture, not in the second) then the original head looks fine - you don't see many moustaches in the 41st millennium, so it makes a nice change.

Myriad

Hello and welcome to the conclave.

the model's coming along nicely, the skaven hands fit the arm well.  The original head is a pretty good one - I wouldn't convert it unless you have a good idea what to do with the head.

Lt colonel Cluster is as good a name as any.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Kaled

Nice work 40k-ifying the model.  And that's a great find with the skaven hands - they seem to fit very well.  I'll have to remember that.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

precinctomega

The skaven hands are, indeed, a nice touch.

I'd say that the model, nice as it is, needs a little more work to pull it into the Dark Millennium completely.  Some bionics on the head, perhaps a shoulder pad or two, and of course no Imperial miniature is complete without some superfluous scraps of paper about their person...

Wilkommen zum Konklave.

R.

Tullio

Indeed - Welcome to the Conclave!

Tullio

Molotov

Yes, really nice work bringing the model into the Dark Millennium!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Ancelyn

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

TheNephew

Put a pith helmet on him and call him a Preatorian Guardsman.

Casadrian

thanks for the comments and ideas so far.  :)

Yesterday and this morning, i've done some milliput-work and these are the results:

as you can see, i finished the blaster and the chainsword. I addition, i added some overlaping leather on his boots and two small shoulderpads. I also sculpted a holster for his chainsword:

some knobs will be added later...
I decided to try to give him some bionics on his head, as precinctomega has proposed. I just wanted a small gadget, nothing to special. It should not cover his eyes. So i tried some lamp/aiming-help/com-link on his temple. I'm quiet happy how it came out:

I can't wait to paint him.  :)

let me know what you think.
"Do not presume to judge me or the methods I choose to employ, petty-minded fool. You cannot comprehend the magnitude of the task I have undertaken nor the consequences of my failure."

TheNephew

If it's not too much trouble, could you post a couple more angles of the head bionics?
At the moment it looks like a fairly nice job - the top piece of greenstuff is some extra hair falling over the top of the implant, correct?

Casadrian

Yep, after i did the bionics, i thought some overleaping hair would help to integrate it. Here are two other views:

thanks for the comment.

Darios

@ casadrian: ich sags mal auf deutsch: hallo hier bei uns und schön zu sehen dass man nicht alleine ist ^^

@ topic: i quite like the conversion of the "western-style" miniature and the little changes which bring him to the "grim, dark future thingy" also like the milliput work especially the headgear... in game terms i'd give him some infra red sight for that... also the skaven hands work great... i have tons of them in my bitzbox but never actually considered using them... but now: conversions here i come...

RobSkib

Looking good, although I would say if you want him to look even more 40k - add more shoulderpads, or make his current ones bigger. Everything needs more shoulderpads!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Adlan

Looks Awesome, Brilliant Conversion!

Col. Custer was a US officer in the Wars with the Native Americans, got massacred. Maybe not a very lucky name?

I love the blaster conversion, the Technology on the head really brings it into the 41st Millennium, I'd say it should be something linked too his brain, maybe both a lighting system, and a gunscope of some kind.

The only thing I'd suggest that would make him perfect would be a Purity Seal. That would not only make him Sci-Fi, but also 40k. An Aquilla would do it too, or an =][=, but if he's just an old friend, then a purity seal would be just right.