Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

My warband rules

Started by 0604854, May 06, 2011, 04:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trasher

@Marco: A very informative post, do we have something like it stickied or written in a pdf somewhere? All newcomers (if not everyone) should read this!
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

Just tweaked the rules and background of my warband members so what does everyone think now....

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Trasher on May 11, 2011, 11:15:22 AM@Marco: A very informative post, do we have something like it stickied or written in a pdf somewhere? All newcomers (if not everyone) should read this!

You can find the "Conclave Standard" thread here (although as you will be able to see, peoples' exact interpretations vary), and Kaled wrote an article for Bolter and Chainsword here. But if you want, a slightly updated , but less visually glamorous version of Kaled's article can also be found at the "InquisitorFAQ" link immediately beneath the first C in the Conclave logo.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

It looks very good now, you might want to rename the sword's name to something not bearing the actual name of Slaanesh, when naming daemons I frequently refer to this table: http://totalchaos.free.fr/chaos_daemon_name_generator.pdf
Other than that I still think that Essendor's mental characteristics, especially Wp and Nv remain a bit high, but that depends on the people you play with of course.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Quote from: Dolnikan on May 11, 2011, 02:11:33 PM
It looks very good now, you might want to rename the sword's name to something not bearing the actual name of Slaanesh, when naming daemons I frequently refer to this table: http://totalchaos.free.fr/chaos_daemon_name_generator.pdf
Other than that I still think that Essendor's mental characteristics, especially Wp and Nv remain a bit high, but that depends on the people you play with of course.

Changes made, go and see...

Dolnikan

It looks very good, I like the daemon sword's name.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

I am looking at using the new chronos/talos model from games workshop as a alien daemonhost or an Arco flagellant based on my warband so far what would you guys suggest.

Dolnikan

I think that a daemonhost would fit better with this warband, after all, arco-flaggelants are made for the church and your inquisitor doesn't seem to be the type that would get along with them all that well.

Any ideas in terms of background for a alien created daemonhost (e.g. which aliens created him, how did Essendor get hold of him, powers)

Dolnikan

An alien daemonhost could have been created by a minor race which was dying out and attempted using warp technology to prevent extinction. This went wrong, predictably and disastrously. They did not turn themselves into immortals with unbelievable powers but instead only managed to get their test-subjects possessed. These possessed aliens, even though there were only a few, quickly ruined what was left of the alien civilization. Until someone found a way to bind and slightly control them. At this point however only a few hundred were left with some of the daemons under some control, the rest had been killed.
However, the daemons don't take lightly to this and plot revenge. One by one the few remaining aliens die of age, illness and hardship. The daemonhosts do survive, even though some of them are put down because the last aliens don't trust them anymore. One of the daemonhosts looks for those who are susceptible to his manipulations and draws Essendor to him through dreams sent to his psyker. Essendor purges what is left of the xenos and destroys the daemonhosts except for one, the one that made contact. He manages to gain some control over it.

Do keep in mind that I just wrote this up, it's certain that there are major plotholes and background mistakes in it. It's best to see it as a rough idea.

Quote from: Dolnikan on May 11, 2011, 03:37:17 PM
An alien daemonhost could have been created by a minor race which was dying out and attempted using warp technology to prevent extinction. This went wrong, predictably and disastrously. They did not turn themselves into immortals with unbelievable powers but instead only managed to get their test-subjects possessed. These possessed aliens, even though there were only a few, quickly ruined what was left of the alien civilization. Until someone found a way to bind and slightly control them. At this point however only a few hundred were left with some of the daemons under some control, the rest had been killed.
However, the daemons don't take lightly to this and plot revenge. One by one the few remaining aliens die of age, illness and hardship. The daemonhosts do survive, even though some of them are put down because the last aliens don't trust them anymore. One of the daemonhosts looks for those who are susceptible to his manipulations and draws Essendor to him through dreams sent to his psyker. Essendor purges what is left of the xenos and destroys the daemonhosts except for one, the one that made contact. He manages to gain some control over it.

Do keep in mind that I just wrote this up, it's certain that there are major plotholes and background mistakes in it. It's best to see it as a rough idea.

Sounds great, what about powers perhaps telepathic and biomancy

Dolnikan

It would at the very least have some telepathy allowing it some measure of control over others. Some of the biomancy powers could fit with it, I would say warp strength and perhaps regeneration. Of course a lot depends on the final model.

I have decided to make the cronos model a member of the warband here is the background:

Daemonhost Cogablak

Born and joined warband- The alien race of the Vornak were highly advanced, able to create technical marvels that could rival the Tau of today but they lacked the navigator gene that enabled warp travel and without dwindling resources on their own planet they resorted to some of the darkest technologies, having experimented numerous times to generate psychic powers within their people and with the search for alternatives also being fruitless they resorted to binding daemonic entities to lower members of their society and those few it captured on raids on other races, however the Vornak had not anticipated the full power of the entities that their dark technology had bound to their world and soon they were hunted by the daemonic predators their mastery of technology pitched against arcane power, only when the chief scientist created a binding device known as the Scrulock did the conflict end as the devices were shot directly into the daemonhosts flesh thereby binding them to the Vornak's service, the conflict however had decimated the Vornak's and one by one through disease, accident or the scheming of the daemonhosts they fell until only a few ramained to keep the daemonhosts from ravaging the galaxy, Cogalak was one of those daemonhosts that had developed a dire reputation in the conflict as a deamonhost that attacked alone but possessed dire powers. It desired freedom, it used its power to search for nearby soul that could free it from the clutches of the Vornak's who had long developed means to sheild themselves from any powers it could use that could get past it's Scrulock, it found Inquisitor Essendor and visited him in dreams promising him that it could give him the psychic power he saught and that it could help him gain a fuller understanding of chaos, Essendor went to the home planet of Vornak and found himself beset by the remaining Vornak's and their daemonic allies and only the intervention of Grey knights saved he's life, under Essendor's instruction the remaining daemonhosts were destroyed as even he could not bend all of them to he's will, Cogalak was the only exception, Essendor kept one of the Vornak engineers alive and in return he bound the daemonhost to Essendor, the Vornak engineer was then allowed to leave as he left all he's translated technological lore with Essendor and he's where abouts now are unknown.

Cogalak has not served Essendor long but he's sorceress power have already helped in the destruction of the chaos cult of the bloodied axe turning the cult members against each other.

Age- Unknown

Personality- Hates other daemons, sneaky, secretive, always looking how it can manipulate a situation.

Appearance- Tentacle arms and legs (all 4 of them), armoured body, scrulock device on it's lower abdomen on back, armoured back and head

In battle- Using telepathic powers to manipulate enemies and biomancy powers to enhance its physical strength when required in battle, tends to choose its moments when the odds are stacked in its favour

Here is he's rules...

WS   BS   S   T   I   WP   SG   NV   LD
45   35   65   67   40   90   86   87   22

Left Handed
Skills: Fearsome, Daemonic, possessed, Invulnerable, Elastic limbs, Tentacles, extra legs.

Psychic abilities: regenerate, Warp strength, Enforce will, Mind scan, Puppet master, Telepathy.

Equipment: carapace armour on chest (when shot from behind only otherwise only count as 2 points of armour), abdomen and head.

Attacks have the following abilities: Enfeeble

Scrulock: Although it allows control it is far from fool proof especially against impact Invulnerable applies to head, chest and abdomen and hits to abdomen automatically stun him.

Dolnikan

It seems good to me, only you might want to explain how they got to other races(which implies warp travel making the project unneeded) and how they found out about the existing of psychic powers. Perhaps they had some very weak psykers who were used in the experiments to create the hosts.