Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

what to do with my marine

Started by warpedspeedfreak, May 06, 2011, 08:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warpedspeedfreak

Hi, has anyone seen or converted the inq marine model into anything other than a marine or demon etc
He has been sitting there for years, since the model 1st came out! Cant really get that interested in marines whether its 40k or inquisitor.

As if a spacemarine wasnt hard enough ive made him into a grey knight! oops

Ulgavitch

I would suggest, because that's a pretty nice model, the following:

1) Give him a name

2) Give him a background - where he's from, how he survived the trials of becoming a Grey Knight, why he became a Space Marine in the first place.

3) Work out what makes him interesting as a personality. I assume, because he's on detached duties, then he's a justicar of some description - so why did the psychic psychos (Grey Knights to you and me) let him off the leash?

And if you're still not interested at the point....

Sell him on e-bay.

=][= U

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Ulgavitch on May 06, 2011, 08:55:35 AM
2) Give him a background - where he's from, how he survived the trials of becoming a Grey Knight, why he became a Space Marine in the first place.

this can be one of the more challenging aspects of taking a marine in Inquisitor; so much so i've made a project of it :)

for such a large impressive miniature, often simply using it as an exercise in modeling justifys keeping it around :)
of course, you could paint strip or rework more details onto him ;)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Ulgavitch

Quotethis can be one of the more challenging aspects of taking a marine in Inquisitor; so much so i've made a project of it

That's the real trick. The problems with Space Marines is that, once you've found and chosen those with psychopathic traits (a benefit for training) biologically modified and psychologically conditioned  them ... what the hell have you got left as a personality?

A Space Marine, I believe, gives up who they are, their very character, to the creation of the Marine. After the trauma that training inflicts upon them, and especially the brain-washing, then they can have any kind of personality that the chapter requires of them. Human's are infinitely malleable, and the recruiters for the Chapter would know this. Not much would survive their training. 

How's your project going by the way? I love the website, the modelling you do is beyond my skills at the moment - well beyond them. I especially like your Ultramarine, who seems at peace rather than ready to fight. What are you working on at the mo? Would you like a hand writing background?

Dolnikan

It is a very nice model, I would try getting more detail on him and he would be ready to go.

The personality of a space marine would mostly be formed by some remnants of his own self and results from his personal experiences, but even this effect would be smal due to the continual conditioning he undergoes.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

warpedspeedfreak

Thanks for the comments guys. Points taken and gav, just reading through your marine project... and may have been inspired by your work yet again. Nice one!

I think i'll have to do some reading for his background and i'll maybe change him from a grey knight. however i have just managed to get the weapons from the dread knight model!

It looks like the marine is staying! even if i dont like all powerful super soliders. I'll see it as a challenge