Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Badsmile Miniatures

Started by axiom, May 10, 2011, 12:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axiom

There were posted on Frothers yesterday:

From reading the thread, they're 54mm and due to be released sometime soonish by a chap called Badsmile.

I LOVE the alien and reckon there's a genestealer cultist in the guy with the big collar :)

Shannow

Aside from the fact one of them looks like a Halo figure rip off these are good! The guy with the collar in particular though I did think crazed preacher myself :P

Have to keep an eye out for these bad boys, lots of potential!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Dolnikan

Those are some nice looking models, the one with the fuel could be used to make a navy pilot I guess.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

RobSkib

Oh man these are great! I like the fella with the big collar, as well as the pilot. Those are two definite must-buys for me, and badsmile looks like one to watch. I'm not sold on the alien though, something about the proportions just don't sit right with me.

Speaking of influences for models...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Adlan

I love the guy with the Gangsta Grip on his pistol. Correct that, and It'd make a lovely Model. In fact, I think It'd make a great basis for a 40k Guard Veteran.

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

I like the alien sniper with tripod best personaly
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

JoelMcKickass

Quote from: Adlan on May 10, 2011, 07:15:00 PM
I love the guy with the Gangsta Grip on his pistol. Correct that, and It'd make a lovely Model. In fact, I think It'd make a great basis for a 40k Guard Veteran.

I was already thinking Hive Ganger low life :p

kierkegaard

Those ae some seriously excellent looking models. If they scale nicely with GW 54mm, I think I'll probably buy them all except for the alien with the bipod sniper rifle.

There is a website set up with the name Badsmile (here is a link .) It is under construction, and presumably it will be up and running when he/she/they are ready to do business.

judge-minos

Awesome.
I would buy them all except for the halo look alike.
Hopefully they won't be too expensive  ::)

MarcoSkoll

Very nice. I'm unlikely to buy any myself, but I look forward to seeing what others do with them.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Aurelius 12

Great find! I love the pilot/man with fuel canisters. The alien and the gangsta-style guy have a real Mass Effect vibe, which in my opinion can only be a good thing!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

Ynek

Quote from: Aurelius 12 on May 11, 2011, 01:16:04 AM
The alien and the gangsta-style guy have a real Mass Effect vibe

Well, given that it has four eyes in a two-over-two formation, the alien is an obvious derivative from Mass Effect's Batarians. (Four-eyed grumpy materialists with a penchant for slavery and a chip on their shoulder against humans. http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/9/96880/1677578-batarians_codex_image_super.jpg ) The relative gangliness and odd bodily proportions are also reminiscant of Mass Effect's Turians...

In all, I think that Badsmile is one to keep an eye on. There's certainly a few models here that I wouldn't mind owning...
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."