Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Citadel Finecast

Started by Dolnikan, May 20, 2011, 08:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

And a LGS told me gw accept no returns for exeptional flashing..
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Ancelyn

I see two problems with this range, the cost to the consumer and the quality of the casting. I am sure GW will improve the casting process, given time and practice. Although it is very worrying that they are distributing sub-standard miniatures with no evident quality control... ship 'em out and bugger the customer?  The Outrageous WTF pricing policy of GW is a whole seperate can of worms.
   It would be nice to see ]I[nquisitor Finecast models, if only for the ease of conversion options.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

MarcoSkoll

It's sort of a shame that all the rejects are being junked (whether that means they're going in the bin or back to the factory to be ground down, I don't know), because I'd not mind getting some of them for cheap.

None of the miscasts I've seen would be that hard to fix (by my standards, at least), so I'd happily fix a flaw or two if I were getting them at a "B-grade" price.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

Even I might get some at a reduced price, but they aren't because the company would lose profits that way, making a model costs them very little, the costs are in the overhead. They believe that they will always sell a specific ammount of something so it would eat away their profits.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

greenstuff_gav

its worth noting all our miscasts go into the bin (or employees pockets  ;D ) 'cause you can grind resin down to a powder and use that to bulk out the unmixed resin but for the simple factor of time and re-working out the mix ratio it's not actually worth the effort :O
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Yeah, I know it's not going to happen. It's just a shame to see models which'd be an easy fix getting junked when I'd give them a home. But I'm certainly not having them at the full price.

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles