Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Seldon's acolytes

Started by Kaled, April 23, 2011, 01:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

Not a real update, but I came back from holiday to find the Dengar figure waiting on my doormat.  He's a little shorter than most of the others, so is a good fit against the GW range - and he's fairly bulky too (other than his small hands & feet).  All in all, he was well worth the few quid I paid and should be very easy to 40k-ify.  Or I may even chop him up and use him for parts...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Kaled

Evening all,

I finished painting the void-born a week or so ago but never go around to posting pics.  I'm not hugely happy with my colour choices - I thought the yellow collar made a great contrast with his robes until I realised he looks like he's wearing a life-vest!

Also, unfortunately you can't really see the bit I'm most proud of - the veins running under the pallid skin of his scalp.

- Dave

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on May 24, 2011, 08:25:45 PMI thought the yellow collar made a great contrast with his robes until I realised he looks like he's wearing a life-vest!
It's Marty McFly!

Actually, as all the life vests I've seen are usually a much brighter orange or red, it doesn't look like one to me. I'm not sure on the colour combination otherwise, but I don't know colour theory well enough to really comment.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Shannow

I have to say It doesn't remind me of a life vest but the colur doesn't sit well with me either but I can't put a reason to it, possibly just because you drew  my attention too it :P

Loving the model though, lips are a bit too bright for my taste but meh a quibble.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Molotov

I think it looks great. Does remind me somewhat of a tropical flower, though...
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Dolnikan

Contrary to the others I actually like the colour. It gives a good contrast to the rest of the model and makes him look a little like a fop, although I don't know if that was the intention.

Please keep in mind that I'm colourblind so it might be that I once again see it completely in the wrong way.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

judge-minos

Since I already complimented you many times I hope you will indulge my request and show us  a nice team picture. please please please
;D ;D ;D

precinctomega

I love it!  He looks creepy and dangerous.

R.

Kaled

Quote from: judge-minos on May 26, 2011, 03:34:00 AM
Since I already complimented you many times I hope you will indulge my request and show us  a nice team picture. please please please
;D ;D ;D
Seeing as you asked so nicely, here's a pic of Seldon's acolytes;

Adlan

Awesome collection. The style varies quiet a bit from your usual Grimdarkyness, to something slightly more comedic 2nd ed feel.

judge-minos

Well that's really a good family picture.

Lillith is still one of my favorite model of yours while I never was a big fan of the squat.

It is funny how seeing the other models together is affecting my original thoughts on them.
Padme now looks like she has a bigger head of the pilot with the helmet and the withfinder, which I had thought to be a little plain at the time, Has now become my favorite model in the de agostini group .
It must be because of his silently hanging on the back of the group, spying for signs of corruption   ;D

All in all great job as usual.
can't wait for your next project

Shannow

I really like them as a collective but I think the Padme figure is very static looking when you place them all together, the rest all of have a sense of readiness about them and she looks wooden in comparison. Still great collection and the Void borna nd witchfinder are my definite joint favourites!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Dolnikan

The team looks great, they show a lot of variation as there should be in a group of acolytes.

My personal favourite is the witchfinder, the model breathes athmosphere.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.