Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New from Andrea - Gabriel Blackburn

Started by RobSkib, May 21, 2011, 02:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

Quite a mean looking mother, isn't he? Since this is in the same 'Dark Nova' range as the SM/gears-style marine, I foresee quite a delicious future of sci-fi 54mm models from Andrea. Definitely one to watch.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

precinctomega

Shannow

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Ulgavitch

Not fussed - the arms are too large, I don't like the posture and that mini-gun just looks wrong. That elbow pad looks like the single least comfortable thing to wear, the way it's hanging on the arm like that.

Plus, those veins sticking out of the arms make him look like a steroid junkie!

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

As well, miniguns are not practical as infantry weapons. I.E. Battery for motor, huge backpack for ammo and the weight of the gun as well.
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Shannow

Quote from: Ulgavitch on May 21, 2011, 03:19:32 PM
Plus, those veins sticking out of the arms make him look like a steroid junkie!

Isn't that pretty much the premise of 40k muscle bound heroes :P
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Stormgrad

perfect for a conversion i had in mind, will make my life much easier

Ulgavitch

QuoteIsn't that pretty much the premise of 40k muscle bound heroes

Not sure I like those models, either!  ;)

Shannow

Quote from: Ulgavitch on May 21, 2011, 03:35:58 PM
QuoteIsn't that pretty much the premise of 40k muscle bound heroes

Not sure I like those models, either!  ;)

Touche sir! I tip my cap to you :P

I think it will very useful for conversions anyhoo, well depends how much it is to be fair!

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Inquisitor Octavian Lars on May 21, 2011, 03:21:13 PM
As well, miniguns are not practical as infantry weapons. I.E. Battery for motor, huge backpack for ammo and the weight of the gun as well.
Actually, the XM214 "Six Pack" was potentially a practical infantry mini-gun - although it would have been treated more like an LMG than a SAW, and would have been handled by a two man team. It never reached mass production in that role, but certainly could have done.

Given that this is Sci-Fi, we can throw a certain amount of advanced motor technology, advanced alloys/polymers/composites at the problem and with a pinch of suspension of disbelief, it's not too much of a stretch as an idea. If rare, there are also gas-operated gatling guns as well, so you can potentially save on motor/battery weight by simply not having them.

The Rule of Cool tends to win this one. And given the build of this guy, I wouldn't even call it that unbelievable.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

Quoteminiguns are not practical as infantry weapons

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m340071a_99060105265_IGHarker_873x627.jpg

Grim darkness of the far future, remember?  This is 40k.

R.

explorator

Yup, total grimdark thumbs up.  Besides, it worked in Predator and Terminator 2.  I know that in the Predator movie only the battery was off-set; those guys carried and fired (blanks of course) that M214 for real.

MarcoSkoll

Actually, contrary to some accounts, both films used the larger M134...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Ulgavitch

But, despite the mini-gun, he still looks like he got rejected from the Gears of War crew for failing the intelligence test! With arms and a forehead like that, I think he looks like a gorilla with a bad attitude.

What do you call a neandethal with a mini-gun? Exactly what he tells you to.

Dolnikan

He looks like some dumb muscle, it could just be me or does anyone else think that his pouches don't fit all that well on his armour?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.