Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor FAQ leaflet

Started by Kaled, May 25, 2011, 09:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DapperAnarchist

Quote from: precinctomega on December 12, 2009, 09:52:46 PM
Dave's article is, indeed, the seminal work for introducing the game to beginners.  I suspect that any attempt I make to "explain" the game is merely going to repeat something the article has already said better.

FWIW, though, Inquisitor is a wargame with the brakes off: a bare-back, white-knuckle ride that takes all the bits you like best about tabletop wargames (the rich context, the dark themes, the shock of conflict) and roleplay games (colourful individuals, the fate of the galaxy hanging by a thread, sudden changes of personal fortune in the time it takes to pull a trigger) and throws them into a single package.  It's like a cooperative novel and a competitive action movie rolled up into one thing.  It's wargaming for poets.  It's falling to your knees in a sea of corpses, an empty stubber in one hand and a bloody chainsword in the other, screaming "If this is heresy, it feels SO GOOD!"

R.

Found it!
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Shannow

Hahahah I can't help but imagine Dave in a sea of corpses with an empty stubber and chainsword now :P
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Ulgavitch

Yeah. Forget anything I write - use that instead. It's fantastic.

precinctomega

Oh, good.  I get compliments in this thread, too.   ;D

R.

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Best. Intro. To. INQ. Ever.
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Ferran

Quote from: precinctomega on May 26, 2011, 01:23:37 PM
@ferran - Justified criticism noted.

R.

Not really a criticism mate, just an observation. I've been in the hobby long enough to know that we're all, with a few exceptions, committed procrastinators (one reason I generally don't go in for organised group hobby activities), and this is a big project. I'm sure you'd agree that a mailshoot lauding the Inq2 project would be a bit premature at this point, especially given the target audience.

Molotov

EDIT: Will teach me to read both pages of a thread!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega