Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Gav's Updates

Started by greenstuff_gav, May 26, 2011, 09:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, i've been quiet recently for a variety of reasons so thought i'd throw a few updates into one thread :)

starting with work on The Dark Angel...

i've gone for a magnetised head; a Dark Angel style Y scarred into the cheek (in Deathwing there was one on each cheek) and a hair braid :)
he's got a helmet to wear and as mentioned in the thread, a serf to carry it :D

here's the Serf;

based off a Bronze Age armature, been following a scout-style armour :)
there's a magnet in the hands to allow him to "hold" the helmet :)

on a Random tangent©, work on The Mechanicus Sculpt;

Been stuck on the head, but a new technique based off A Tutorial I Seen; while not great, i'm happier with the head than i've been for a while :)

so, there's a slight update for you :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Shannow

wooo dark angel stuff! Him and  the serf looking fantastic, need to a big order for bronze age stuff!

The mechanicus looks up to your usual fantastic standard! Looking forward to more progress! Any casting potentials here btw?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

greenstuff_gav

well, the Dark Angel helmet and pad are moulded already ;)

i'm gonna try to make the serf castable and the mechanicus should be; assuming either look ok when finished  :-[

Build Your Imagination

Ulgavitch

Gav, have a you got a simple non embossed right hand shoulder pad for the 54mm marine? I'm seriously considering trying to build a Carcharadon Astra marine as a character but I don't want to file off and rebuild all the detail.

I'd pay, obviously...

Shannow

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on May 26, 2011, 10:17:23 PM
well, the Dark Angel helmet and pad are moulded already ;)

i'm gonna try to make the serf castable and the mechanicus should be; assuming either look ok when finished  :-[

I would certainly be interested in serf (loving his back excellent work) and mechanicus mate. And assuming they look ok? based off your previous efforts (including the awesome salamander marine work) assuming is a pretty safe bet.

Ps need to meet up for a game before I go back to NW and accost Dave for them :P
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Ulgavitch on May 26, 2011, 10:36:35 PM
Gav, have a you got a simple non embossed right hand shoulder pad for the 54mm marine? I'm seriously considering trying to build a Carcharadon Astra marine as a character but I don't want to file off and rebuild all the detail.

I'd pay, obviously...

i don't have a blank helmet + pad, a Dark Angel Helmet + Pad or a Salamander Helmet and Pad moulded up and people shouldn't PM me ;)

hey Shannow, any time my friend; either Briz, Triple Helix or Radstock ;)
plus i'll be driving upto the July Meetup should you want a lift again :D

Build Your Imagination

judge-minos

Awesome job on the legs of the serf, love the idea.
Keep it coming

Dolnikan

I love the look of the dak angel with his serf, the marine is suitably large and bulky which is shown very well by the presence of a serf.

The mechanicus looks very good as well, but somehow I get the idea that the legs are a bit short.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

greenstuff_gav

also, an update on Adept Liwets' Transportation Servitor :)

Build Your Imagination

viper_eX

wow, that Space Marine is good, but that Servitor tops it by far!
++FLESH IS WEAK++

Dolnikan

The servitor is great, I love how he hunches and strains under his load.

Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Vermis

Lookit the size of that sucker!

Nice work, Gav. :)  What're the bronze age dollies like to work with?
www.minisculpture.co.uk - a place about pushing putty 'til it does what you want it.  Currently recuperating from being hackered and knackered.

Myriad

Good choice of head, I think, gives the guy a bit more personality.  Like the serf following him around too.

Transportation servitor looking good too, like the faceless look to him, and the way he's carrying far more that he should be able to were he not a servitor.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

greenstuff_gav

more work on the Serf :)

just about to add the headset :)

now, i've got two options here' finish him up and start painting or, if there's enough interest, rework the hands (cause they're rubbish; but contain magnets) to maybe be holding a pistol and reloading and get him cast up; would anyone want to buy one if i got him priced up?

Build Your Imagination

Dolnikan

The serf is looking better and better. His armour really looks like somewhat lighter scout armour.