Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Goldeneye's W.I.P.s & miscellany.

Started by Inquisitor Goldeneye, May 31, 2011, 05:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adlan

Now that's how an Inquisitor Travels in Style.

The CCTV stuff is brilliant. Have you considered converting some hunter skulls with Pict Recorders in them? Send them off round the board while your inquisitor watches what they can see from the comfort of his purple leather seats.

Inquisitor Goldeneye

I noticed in the pictures that the mudgaurd over the left track was a bit wonky, so I've fixed that now.

As regards the hunter-skulls, I'd not thought of that, but I do have a few servo-skulls knocking about, so maybe I will, thanks!

Anyhoo, I've now finished the other two cars as well, so here they are:-

In menacing black.

Left
Front
Back

In a sporty racing red.

Left
Front
Back

Fun factiod; the licence number on the red car is the same as the one from the car in which the protagonist escapes at the end of the film 'Hostel'.

Whelp, that's it for now, I'll post some more when I've done some work on my new Adeptus Mechanicus war-band, but I've got some repairs and tweeking to do with some existing models first, so it may be a little while.

Comments and critisism are most welcome.
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

blacknight

Wow those cars are awesome.

I really love how they have come out.  It has actually inspired me to get a couple of vehicles to do up for inquisitor scale games.  Most likely as static scenery for now but maybe more involved once I get a few games in.

What scale cars did you use for it?  I ended up getting a 1:35 scale truck and it is looking a little bit on the small side.

I can now so see inquisitor games with 1930s mobster style car chases with lasguns and bolters out the window at each other.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Regards

Blacknight/Marc
Well you can do what you want, the technical branch are going to stay here and keep her afloat!! - Diesel CPO Otto Fricke, U505, Nov 10 1942 - On being ordered to abandon ship.

Inquisitor Goldeneye

PWFFFFFT, PWFFFT.

Ahem.

Just blowing the dust off my old thread to post some new stuff I've been beavering away at; namely some industrial scenery, but there should be some miniatures to come shortly, so watch this space (and hopefully it won't take me almost a full year to make another post here, next time!).

Oh, and on the off-chance that Blacknight is still interested: I used 1:32nd scale cars; it's always better to be a little on the large side with vehicles for Inquisitor, to match the 'Heroic proportions' of the G.W. models. I'm glad you liked my cars, and sorry I didn't notice your reply untill now.

Anyway, pictures of my latest project; a Plasma Reactor:-

From the left.
From the right.
The back
The roof.
Goldeneye stands poised to pull the 'Emergency Lever'!
A close-up on the electrical sparks in the mechanism on the roof.
A close-up on the control panel on the front.
A closer-up on the control panel.
A close-up on some of the detail.
Another detail close-up.

Right, that's it for now, but I have a lot moer industrial gubbins waiting for me to finish painting it, so there should be more of the same to come over the following days.

Comments & criticism very welcome.
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

Quickdraw McGraw

Wow!  Those cars are great!  I second that is how an Inquisitor should "roll" in his very own Rolls Royce tank!  Yes!
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

Heroka Vendile

that's a very nice hunk of scenery there
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Dolnikan

A very nice reactor, I might steal some ideas from it for my own scenery. How did you do the ladder?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Trasher

A very nice reactor Goldeneye! I'd love to see a couple of them on a board! Also this reminds me I really want a stickied scenery-thread, where people can go to get inspiration.
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

KrautScientist

Loving the cars and the reactor, Goldeneye! Great job!  ;D
Check out my blog at http://www.eternalhunt.wordpress.com

World Eaters | INQ28 | Terrain | Other

Van Helser

That is one of the best bits of scenery I've seen in a long time.  Don't suppose you took any photos during the build?

Ruaridh

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Thanks for the encouragement chaps! Always nice to hear one's efforts are appreciated.

Dolnikan: The ladder is made from a cheap, wire bird-feeder. I picked up a handfull of them from a super-market (specifically 'Morrisons') a while ago, and I cut them up to use as ladders, railings and so on.

Van Helser: Sadly, no; I have no W.I.P. shots of the reactor. By the time it occured to me to take some, I had already finished and undercoated it.

I can reveal, however, that it is mostly made from foamboard, card, and parts from an old, broken 'X-Box' games console I dismantled, and that the glowing plasma-panel thingies are actually the plastic trays from boxes of Cabury's Chocolate Fingers, which I had to force myself to eat in order to obtain the necessary parts (oh, the sacrifices we make for our hobby...).

Just one small update on the modeling front; those of you who've read this thread from the begining may have noticed a W.I.P. I posted by the name of Magos Zorn. Well, he's almost finished now, all I need to do is his head (which, as I mentioned earlier, will be a skull in a transparrent dome).

From the left.
From the right.
From behind.

Dolnikan

Now that is a bionic body, and it is nice to see a magos go without robes for a change.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Shannow

Is that all cobbled together or is it from a base model? Very cool!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Inquisitor Goldeneye

@ Shannow:- Thanks, and he's cobbled together; Zorn's torso is made from Wich-Hunter Tyrus's armour turned upside-down, his legs are from some old necron bits I had lying around, the power-pack thing on his back is just the pack from the 40K Space Marine Heavy Plasma Gunner, and the arms are, of course, just mechadendrites. Add a little Green Stuff, and Voila!

Right, another scenery update. I've finished painting another peice of industrial gubbins; this time it's a water-tower.

A close-up on the top.
The underside of the tower.
A closer look at some of those pipes.
A little bit of techno-gubbins on the side of the tower.
Hose your foes from head to toes with whatever the G.M. decides is in the tower with the high-presure nozzle! (Shown with a miniature for scale.) (From the other side.)

The body of the tower is made from two 'Sainsbury's' delicatessan plastic containers, the pillars are a combination of model railway-station parts and the tubes from cheap, ball-point pens and the pipes are just good, old-fasioned bendy straws.

I have a few more bits of scenery being painted at the moment, so I'll probably be posting some more pictures over the next week or so.

C.&C. is always welcome.

Shannow

My favourite bit of your scenery so far, really captures a blanchian feel which is very rare in scenery I think. Really superb.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.