Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Goldeneye's W.I.P.s & miscellany.

Started by Inquisitor Goldeneye, May 31, 2011, 05:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adlan

Oh, I love the high pressure nozzle. Genius!

Inquisitor Goldeneye

I'm glad my terrian pieces have gone down well so far! Now here's something I just finished this morning; this...

..Urm...

...Chemical processer? Yes, that sounds fine, let's go with that.

This chemical processer:-

A closer look at the front.
The back.
Right.
Left.
A veiw from above.
A transparent veiwing panel in the main outflow pipe.
A close-up on the controls.

A closer look at the warning signs on the pipes on the side of this thing:-
Danger, flamable, radioactive, irritant, biohazard (This was, by far, the worst one to paint, especially since I can never remember what it looks like off the top of my head), and finally, toxic.

Please let me know what you think!

Just another couple of scenery pieces to go now, so stay tuned.
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

Adlan

I've worked in chemical plants. Looks like it'd fit right in.

Dolnikan

It looks very good, I'd love to play with such terrain.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Shannow

How long does it take you to paint your terrain Goldeneye? Because they're really fantastic jobs, with excellent highlights and little touches
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Shannow:- The plasma reactor took a couple of weeks or so (possibly a little longer, I'm not completely sure) because all the plasma panels had to be blended light blue to white.

The water tower took a few days, and the chemical thingie took just a couple of days to do.

I highlight by hand, then, once they're painted (minus any parts which are supposed to be glowing; screens, lights, ect.) I take them outside and give them a little waft of the black spray-paint, to make them look suitably sooty and grimy, as they are supossed to be industrial machines.

Then I just finish the details and there you are!
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

KrautScientist

Another great piece of terrain, Goldeneye! Looking awesome!  :)
Check out my blog at http://www.eternalhunt.wordpress.com

World Eaters | INQ28 | Terrain | Other

Inquisitor Goldeneye

I hope everyone has enjoyed my pictures thus far, I know I've enjoyed posting them!

This piece is the last in my current crop of industrial terrian features. I've always thought of it as some sort of generator, but really it could be just about any generic lump of mechanical gubbins.

From the front.
From the left.
From the right.
When we kiss, when we touch.
From above.
Some detail. (It doesn't show up terribly well here, but the skull is supposed to be half silver.)

The main body of the thing is made from a large plaster thingy I found buried under a pile of junk in a local model train shop. The chap behind the counter didn't know what it was supposed to be any more than I did, so he said I could have it for a couple of pounds! The rest is just stuff from my bits-box glued on all over (I'm particularly pleased with the little valve handles, which I made from Ork gun sights).

Just one more piece of (non- industrial) scenery on my to-do list now, then I'll go back to miniatures for a while.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Dolnikan

Another great piece of work. I really like the attention to detail that goes in your pieces, such as the warning label.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Shannow

I really admire the effort you put into these pieces man!

Any chance of a mocked up chemical plant with all the pieces? Or is that the plan when they're all done?

Very envious of any persons who get to play around your terrain, adds so much character.

Also only just realised quite how sinister the face is on your namesake in the pictures,,, I hope its not based on you....
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Trasher

DANGER! DANGER!
:P

There, now that I've got that out of my system, here's something that's more related to the topic: I love these bits of scenery, they're great! As I wrote earlier, what about a group shot? Put some of these buildings on a cool board, chuck in a few of those fantastic cars and then scatter some models about. Maybe let someone use the pictures for a Dark Magenta article? Might add some nice flair.
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

Ynek

Some excellent examples of very effective, versatile terrain there, Goldeneye! You should be proud!

I also noticed the subtle electric six pun on the warning signs. I'm starting to suspect that these puns are becoming something of a running trend on The Conclave, since I've been linked to the same music video more than once. But still, it's a neat little bit of humour that you've managed to work in there.

I'm feeling tempted to dust off and resume some of my old terrain projects now... Hmm...
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Zakkeg

Not mad keen on the cars (it's not the work I dislike, but the style), but I absolutely love all the industrial stuff - and it's nice to see someone's still working on 54mm terrain as well. Bravo, sir. ;D

(Shame we haven't got a :clap: - though I suppose I overuse emoticons enough as is...)
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Easy E

Lot's of cool stuff in this thread. 

Love the cars, and the terrain. 

I hope you start working on the Jellyfish man soon!  I love Lyz's B-movie site too! 
^Cheapskate^

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Quote from: Shannow on June 28, 2012, 09:37:23 PM
Also only just realised quite how sinister the face is on your namesake in the pictures,,, I hope its not based on you....

Absolutely not! My eyes glow a completely different colour I am a perfectly normal Hue-mon, with no dark and/or terrible secrets to hide.

Anyway, I've finished my final bit of scenery for now, as well as a little painting job I've had hanging around on my desk for quite a while.

Pictures:-

Obviously, in a game such as Inquisitor there is always the possibility that the G.M. will decide to use some sort of 'DOOMSDAY WEOPON'- related 'Ticking Clock' scenario, and nothing says 'DOOMSDAY WEOPON' quite like an I.C.B.M. (or 41st millenium equivalent).

I just '40k'ed up a model of an American 'Corporal' missile with some stuff from my bits-box.

Here's a close-up on the text. (It's supposed to say 'The Emperor's judgment'.)
From the back.
The launch pad.
Here's the control console.
Console from the side.
Back of the console.
Close-up on the console. The image on the screen is a picture of a city skyline I downloaded off the internet, with a green filter on it and the contrast turned right up, printed as small as my printer would go.
Unfortunatly, Goldeneye lacks a cowboy hat to wave.

For those of you requesting a diorama involing my industrial scenery, I shall endeavour to oblige at the earliest opportunity, hopefully within the next few days. Untill then, I shall leave you with the gribblies I have just finished; my worms:-

All together, now; "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me..."

"Big, fat, slimy ones..."
Short, thin, wriggly ones.."

The large worms are the Trollforged 'Alien Worms', the small ones are the Heresy Miniatures 'Gaint Slugs' (which is odd, as they are quite plainly a caterpillar, a leech and a maggot, not one slug amongst them!) Links to both of these fine company's respective websites can be found in the '54mm models and modelling reoursces' thread.