Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Damon's WIP

Started by Damon, June 01, 2011, 10:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damon

Just recently got into Inquisitor and thought I'd start a thread to chart my progress. Comments and criticisms are greatly appreciated.

First up is my Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Alexandra Veritas:

And her acolyte Godric Thorvold:

They still need basing but I'm still not sure how I want to base them. Plus they still need a bit of tidying and some additional details but for now I'm just getting them to a decent enough standard to game with. Will fine tune them later.

C&C please!

Dolnikan

They look good, I would only try to do something to break up the white on the acolyte.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Shannow

Yeah a pattern on the hem would be nice.

Good solid models though, very nice. You going to post background soonish?

R
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Damon

Quote from: Dolnikan on June 02, 2011, 08:54:41 PM
They look good, I would only try to do something to break up the white on the acolyte.

Yeah it definitely needs a pattern of some sort. I've just been to scared to attempt it so far! I will man up and do it soon though.

QuoteYou going to post background soonish?

Here is some rough background for the two. I find the more games I play with them the more their character develops, so this background will certainly change but I'm happy enough with it for now.

Alexandra Veritas

Alexandra is very proud and flaunts her position as an Inquisitor. She doesn't believe in subterfuge or subtlety, preferring to use her powerful presence and authority. Her mere sight strikes fear into the eyes of most lesser daemons, and her skill with her powerful blade makes short work of them. Alexandra has neglected the use of ranged weaponry, in her relentless training with her halberd. Instead of guns she supplements her combat prowess with her psychic abilities. She is a fairly powerful psyker.

Alexandra has often accompanied or led Grey Knight strike forces. Her great skills and heroics in Daemon-slaying have earnt her the respect of many Grey Knights. Her armour was crafted in the forges of Titan, and is a lighter, less powerful version of the Grey Knights armour. It offers her protection against the foul monstrosities of the warp as well as being a powerful symbol of her bond with the Grey Knights.

Godric Thorvald

Godric has served Alexandra loyally and without question for many years. However in serving a female, he feels he needs to prove his masculinity to others. He tends to show off and often tries over ambitious actions. His damaged leg was a result of one such action. In pursuing an escaping cultist across the rooftops he decided to close the distance between them by attempting a ridiculously long jump. His athletic prowess no where near matched what he believed it to be and he fell short of the rooftop, plunging to the ground and  shattering his right leg.

His bolt pistol was handed to him as a gift from Alexandra when he entered her service as her acolyte. He is reasonably skilled with it and this helps make up for Alexandra's lack of any firepower. He is slightly more skilled with his short sword and he enjoys the up close and personal side of fighting. He's a tough character and doesn't give up easily, driven by a sense of pride and duty. On one mission, whilst trying to stop the summoning of a daemon by a sorcerer, he caught a stubber round in the side of his face. The impact fractured his skull and irreversibly damaged his right eye. However some how he dragged himself back on to his feet and completed his objective by executing the sorcerer.

He always carries round a small leather book everywhere he goes, which he often reads in private. No one, not even Alexandra, knows what is written in this book and Godric is very secretive about it.

On another note I've nearly finished the third member of her retinue, an ex-arbite. Should have photos up tomorrow. I've also been working on my namesake, Damon and his retinue. Photos should follow soon

DapperAnarchist

Godric's interesting, and the explanation for his foolhardiness is great, but Alexandra seems a bit out of place - he weaknesses are all self-imposed, and she seems more suited to the vast battlefields of Black Crusades than the dirty little skirmishes of The Battle for the Emperor's Soul.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Damon

QuoteAlexandra seems a bit out of place - he weaknesses are all self-imposed, and she seems more suited to the vast battlefields of Black Crusades than the dirty little skirmishes of The Battle for the Emperor's Soul.

I see your point and she does often fight with the Grey Knights against the forces of chaos. In this instance Godric often works alone on other Inquisitorial work. However it is not always necessary to use a strike force of Grey Knights to kill a daemon. In this case she prefers to work with a small band of Inquisitorial agents, who have proved effective at finding daemonic artefacts and helping banish daemons back to the warp.

Godric works as her prime agent and leads and coordinates most of the back ground work. This allows Alexandra to concentrate her skill on killing and banishing daemons where it is needed most. As all good inquisitors do, she overcomes her weaknesses by surrounding herself with agents with the skills she lacks.

Alexandra is not my main Inquisitor I just liked the model for her (hence the lack of conversions). Her inquisitorial missions are generally focussed around: kill the daemon, stop the ritual, destroy the daemonic artefact. She is a fun model to play with though due to her weaknesses. My main Inquisitor is my namesake Damon who I will play with most of the time.

Dolnikan

I like Godric's background, it really makes him a character. I however have to agree with Dapper, Alexandra's character seems to be somewhat limited in her types of scenarios. Of course, when you have another inquisitor who is your main character it will work out fine. Do you havge pictures of him?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Damon

Here is Inquisitor Damon Crowe of the Ordo Heriticus

Damon never had any psychic abilities, yet his sharp mind meant he excelled at the Schola Progenium. He was competent with both a sword and firearm, but spent the majority of his time on intellectual pursuits. He found he could use his vast intelligence and charisma to bend others to his will. His talents did not go unnoticed for long and he was chosen to become an acolyte by Inquisitor Nestor of the Ordo Heriticus. Damon served Nestor loyally for many decades and during these year's Damon began to question certain aspects of the Imperium. He was clever enough never to voice these opinions but rather kept these concerns to himself, to avoid trouble. However over time these concerns became stronger and stronger and Damon became a staunch believer in the recongregator doctrine. Following his master's tragic death, Damon inherited his Inquisitorial seal and therefore the rank of Inquisitor.

Now an inquisitor in his own right he could finally act on his hidden beliefs. He uses his charisma to bend others to his will. When his charisma is insufficient he has other more sinister methods such as his veritas injectors as well as interrogative methods designed to break down even the strongest of minds. He has a massive ego and believes he knows what's best for the Imperium and so changes it to suit his will.

He loves wearing fine and expensive clothes. Though he often covers them with a long brown coat when subtlety is needed. He carries a simple sword, which can be hidden to an extent under his long flowing coat. His web pistol allows him to subdue his less cooperative foes, whilst his custom-laspistol is saved for more aggressive conflicts. Although competent with a blade and a firearm, he prefers to rely on outsmarting his foe.

Lukas - Bounty Hunter

Lukas is a highly skilled ex-bounty hunter, who is now in the service of Inquisitor Damon. Damon was in fact the target of one of Lukas's assassination missions. He very almost succeeded. He had tracked down Damon, which is not easy in its self, and lined up the killer shot. Just as he was about to pull the trigger he felt a sharp agonizing pain in his right shoulder blade, as a throwing dagger embedded itself deeply. His keen senses were not sharp enough to notice Eva lurking in the shadows. His pistol clattered to the floor and Damon swung round hearing the noise. Undeterred by the searing pain in his shoulder, Damon grabbed his fallen stubber with his off-hand and loosed several shots into Inquisitor Damon. Despite being in considerable pain and using his off hand he managed to hit Damon in the shoulder, flinging him to the ground with the impact of the shot. As he turned to face Eva, he felt a strange numbness flow through his body. It quickly enveloped him entirely till he was unable to move. The deadly stun toxin had done its work.

Lukas was taken captive and Damon recovered quickly from his wound with the help of the local medicae. Lukas's obvious talent for tracking a target and his skills with firearms impressed Damon. After interrogating Lukas, he had him partially mind-wiped. Lukas has no recollection of his last mission as a bounty hunter and was persuaded to join Damon's retinue. The life of an inquisitor's protégé appeals to Lukas's love of weapons and killing. He proved to be an exceptional inquisitorial agent and is one of the few that Inquisitor Damon keeps permanently at his side.

Lukas loves weapons, and is always out to find a more powerful or more exotic way of killing people. He witnessed all sorts of horrors in his bounty hunting years, giving him a very strong nerve. However the mind-wipe he received has partially damage his mind blunting his intelligence and resulting in lower willpower.

NB: Eva is an assassin working for Damon

Damon

Hathor

Hathor was a young noblewoman who had an easy life. She found that other people always seemed to do her bidding and that she could make other people believe what she wanted. At a young age Inquisitor Nestor's work meant he crossed paths with Hathor. He noticed that Hathor had a great degree of psychic potential. He decided to take her on and teach her, as he was a powerful psyker himself. She learnt quickly and excelled in manipulating other peoples minds. She served Inquisitor Nestor for many years, during which she honed her psychic powers to a formidable level. Following Nestor's death, and his acolyte's (Damon) inheritance of his Inquisitorial rank she now works for Damon.

She had countless rejuvenant work to keep her looking young and beautiful. She wears no armour whatsoever and her only weapon (except her powerful mind) is 2 kine blades which she manipulates with her mind. Her body is weak and frail and she is not at all suited to combat. However she is still a powerful asset for Damon. Who uses her powerful psychic powers to manipulate his enemies minds to turn them on each other.

And the three together:

She is meant to be holding a small knife however I cleverly managed to drop her just before I took the photo.

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Where did you get hathor's body from. I don't recognise the figure.
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Shannow

I like the extra masculinity that the head swap adds to the ranger body. Great paint schemes as well
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Inquisitor Octavian Lars on June 04, 2011, 08:31:17 AMWhere did you get hathor's body from. I don't recognise the figure.
It's one of Steve Buddle's 54mm range - I can't immediately remember what she's called, but I'm pretty sure she's OOP these days.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Ynek

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on June 04, 2011, 11:34:57 AM
I can't immediately remember what she's called

For some reason, the name 'Anastasia' sticks in my head. I might be completely wrong, however...
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

MarcoSkoll

That would be it. Sadly no longer available, other than perhaps on Ebay.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Damon

Currently working on a Magos and three servitor buddies with my brother (aka Andreas)

Here's my first servitor:

And a size comparison next to Godric:

Currently working on the others. Hopefully some pics soon

C & C greatly appreciated as always