Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Damon's WIP

Started by Damon, June 01, 2011, 10:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

No criticisms at all, that looks fantastic and has a nice bright paint job without looking crisp and clean.

Just need the base doing!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

I think thorvold is going to shoot the do not eat the servitors and then feed the one standing next to him.
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Damon

Just finished painting my ex-arbite who works for Inquisitor Alexandra Veritas. She's armed with a shock maul and pistol. I'm going to add some non-lethal grenades to her as well soon.

Not sure how to paint her visor  :-\ I'm useless at painting them. Any tips how to get a good effect?

She is still very clean. I think I'll add some weathering and battle damage to her over time as her service to the Emperor continues.

Her base still needs finishing but I still haven't decided how to base my models yet. I want to do something more interesting than my boring 40k bases that are just painted sand.

Currently mid way painting the other two servitors and my Magos/Explorator. Should have been finished now but I got distracted by the new Ushabati models I just got :)

Anywho C&Cs welcome as always :)

Dolnikan

I really like the white suit, it makes her different. I tend to paint my visors black with grey highlishts and some gloss varnish over them.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Damon

As promised here's two other servitors:

And the Magos Explorator who leads them:

And the whole warband together:

The three servitors will also have the black and yellow warning stripe painted on their bases. Just don't have the patience to do it now!

C&C greatly appreciated as always :)

Damon

QuoteI tend to paint my visors black with grey highlishts and some gloss varnish over them.

Alyster Wick

Looks like someone wasn't minding the "do not feed the servitors" sign...

Seriously though, good use of ogre models. I especially like the one with a floodlight in its stomach. I think the orky arm with the chain blades looks a little too big, but that goes to taste.

Damon

Quote from: Alyster Wick on June 16, 2011, 10:06:38 PM
Looks like someone wasn't minding the "do not feed the servitors" sign...

Seriously though, good use of ogre models. I especially like the one with a floodlight in its stomach. I think the orky arm with the chain blades looks a little too big, but that goes to taste.

Thanks :) yeah the chain blade arm is possibly a little big. May have to change that eventually but I'm happy enough with him for now

Shannow

The white arbites paintjob has to be one of my favourite, a nice stark contrast, lethal looking!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Damon

Just finished a cherubim for Inquisitor Alexandra Veritas. It's made from a 28mm Cherubim so looks fairly small but I think that suits the whole messenger background and IMO doesn't look too bad amongst 54mm characters. First here's the background:

Luken a.k.a 'The Pigeon'

Inquisitor Alexandra Veritas had Luken created by the Adeptus-Biologicus as an aide and status symbol. Luken is very small and slight, even for a cherubim however this often works to his advantage. He is very swift, his frail body propelled quickly by his implanted anti-grav device and wings. He serves primarily as a messenger for Alexandra. The presence of the cherubim delivering the message strikes awe into those who receive it, as well as showing off Alexandra's status and purity. Luken is apt at keeping the message secret as his memo-cluster brain is highly encrypted and will only be played if the person is confirmed to be the target. Luken is fitted with pheromone-targeting auspex and a complex bionic eye with facial recognition programming. For the message to play the recipient's pheromone and facial pattern must match what Luken has been programmed with. Complex digital maps of cities can be downloaded into Luken's brain and this information allows him to quickly calculate and navigate along the quickest route. He has a powerful MIU link with his mistress Alexandra but due to her potent psychic powers the two can be separated by a large distance, allowing Luken to go off to deliver messages. However a powerful bond has developed between Alexandra and Luken and she dislikes being separated from him for long periods of times. Godric dislikes Luken. He finds the Cherubim to be unnerving and repulsive but there is also a degree of jealousy as Alexandra has a great deal of affection for Luken. Godric often refers to Luken as 'the Pigeon' as a derogatory term.

Enough of the background here's the model:

Scale photo next to Alexandra:

C&C appreciated as always :)

Damon

I figured I needed to be a bit braver with painting my Inquisitor models and attempt some free hand painting. I'm currently painting up some arbite NPCs, one of which is a medic. His shield seemed a little dull when I painted it and so I decided to make use of the flat space to attempt my first free hand painting. As he's a medic I went for the Staff of Asclepius (the universal symbol of the medical professional). I realise that it's not quite in the centre :S but apart from that I'm happy with how it turned out.

C&C greatly appreciated :)

Stormgrad

Nice i really like the free hand its impressive and for a a first real try its good i especially like the snakes the colour stands out on the background rather well

Flinty

First attempt - bloody hell! I like the definition on the feathers and the shading effects, I think that has come out very well indeed.
Neanderthal and Proud!

Shannow

Just going to echo, stormgrad and flinty, excellent work! All your models are fantastic, I bet they're a joy to play with.

Time to die.

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Echo, Echo,Echo
Absolutely brilliant freehand. I wish I had your skill (and some more brushes).
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments