Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dan Abnett interview @ INQ28

Started by Molotov, June 14, 2011, 08:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molotov

Hey guys,

Whilst I know he's not everybody's favourite here, Dan Abnett has agreed to participate in an interview with INQ28, allowing me to quiz him on Eisenhorn, his future plans for Eisenhorn and Ravenor in The Keeler Image and the Bequin Trilogy; his views on the Inquisition and other such topics.

I've posted a blog entry here for it; if anyone wishes to submit questions for the interview, please feel free.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Backyardpatrol

I love Dans work!
I just wonder why it's taken so long to get back to Eisenhorn!
What does he think of the character in the Inquisitor game? (assuming he's read/played)
Is Eisenhorn going to get another trilogy?
What does he think of the Illuminati/Star child/Sensei/children of the Emperor concept?

precinctomega

He read the rulebook before it was released.  He's stated several times that it was the inspiration for Eisenhorn, not vice versa.  But he doesn't really play miniatures games.

He's got a new trilogy in the works: Bequin (a.k.a. Eisenhorn vs Ravenor).

R.

Charax

Well this should be...I was about to say interesting but nothing about the man or his opinions interests me. Enlightening perhaps?
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Ynek

Huh. The Bequin thing is actually real?
I always thought that was just a cover-story to divert attention from the fact that he was busy writing the script and screenplay for the Ultramarines movie...

Hmm. Live and learn.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Shannow

Quote from: Charax on June 24, 2011, 09:35:31 PM
Well this should be...I was about to say interesting but nothing about the man or his opinions interests me. Enlightening perhaps?

Hell hath no fury like a Charax..... :P
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Bloodpact

Quote from: Backyardpatrol on June 14, 2011, 11:01:24 PM
Is Eisenhorn going to get another trilogy?

At Black Library Live Dan said that Eisenhorn will feature in an audio book titled 'The Keeler Image', which relates to the investigation of the emergence in the underground auction market of an image of Horus taken by Euphrati Keeler, of 'Horus Rising' fame.

The Bequin Trilogy is intended to round out the Eisenhorn saga by making it a trilogy of trilogies relating to these characters. I believe its intended to be set after Eisenhorn and Bequin part ways and will presumably be set around the same time as the Ravenor novels.
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!