Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Hail Brothers of The Conclave

Started by Tessio Niri, August 01, 2009, 09:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sideros Peltarion

Hi guys, I'm new to The Conclave, though I have been on Warseer for a few years now. 
I played a couple of Inquisitor games a few years ago with the intention of starting a campaign but it never got off the ground due to my gaming group either moving away or stopping the hobby.
Now I am at uni in Leicester I am getting back into Inquisitor and hoping to find some other players there to get some proper and regular games and campaigns going.

Inquisitor Sargoth

Y'all know me, the name don't change. Glad to see an influx of new members in spite of our death. Who knows, this could be the shockto the system that the Conclave, which to my mind was growing increasingly stagnant, needed. It looks as though someone advertised us over on Warseer - good stuff.

I'm hoping I can get the old IC boards moving again; many, many moons ago they were the 'claves most active section and they've grown almost vestigial in revent years. A real shame considering the insane quality of some of our past works; the original Amon Dull saga is still the most prominent example.
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

N01H3r3

Quote from: Inquisitor Sargoth on August 03, 2009, 11:18:10 PM
the original Amon Dull saga is still the most prominent example.
As great as it was, I'm still not entirely pleased with my recollections of much of what I wrote at the time. IMO, I'm a much better writer now than I was then.
Contributing Writer for many Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay books, including Black Crusade

Professional Games Designer.

precinctomega

I found Amon Dull to be, whilst impressive in scope, grandiloquent in execution.

I might join in the occasional IC topic myself, now.

R.

Ancelyn

The boys are back in town, the boys are back in town, oooh-ooh ;D

It's jolly nice to have the 'Clave back and all the regulars returning. Welcome to all the newbies too.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Inquisitor Sargoth

Quote from: precinctomega on August 04, 2009, 08:20:03 AM
I found Amon Dull to be, whilst impressive in scope, grandiloquent in execution.

I might join in the occasional IC topic myself, now.

Amon Dull was far from perfect, but it was still well above the usual quality of fan fic, and had some rather excellent concepts. Isn't it inherently ironic to use the word grandiloquent, anyway?  ;)

And I'm sure I'll look forward to reading your work; I thought you just sold it all!
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

Dosdamt

I clearly posted this in the wrong thread. What a mong. Edited it up.

Amon Dull, for me, is the best thing I've participated in, in the IC forum, and am still a little disappointed we never got around to resolving the part II. So. Yes. I'm hoping to at least live in the shadow of it with WDD....

And running the Mind.

And being busy.

-Ben
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

DapperAnarchist

Its nice to be back... I'm still, and always will be, DapperAnarchist - even when it becomes embarrassing, for example. I may actually finish something I start, this time....
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Charax

Having looked it up, I would have to agree with PO that the Amon Dull was a little grandiloquent at points, and this is coming from the guy who was playing a Daemon Prince through it. The escalation was too fast, and at points it felt more like a Dragonball Z fanfic than something about the shadowy world of the Inquisition.

Not that I'm not proud of the part I played in it, that form of large-scale event was a refreshing and truly epic undertaking, and the interaction of so many characters managed to add depth and complexity to every character involved.

Still, with the way it stagnated, and the fact that almost all the posts are lost, I think it may be best if ADII was forgotten, or at least started from scratch. With so many major participants gone and seemingly never coming back, it would be nigh-impossible to carry on.

Oh right, Introductions: I'm Charax. You either know me already or you soon will.
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Dosdamt

Just to throw in my two penneths, I'm not sure I agree with Charax on the fact it escalated too quickly. There was an awful lot of backstory and events that lead up to the climax, and that was really the only point where it became 'epic' - armies marching, war - before that there was a lot of conflict, with the Battle at Secret's Hold being one of the high points.

Alas, I don't believe ADII is ever likely to be resurrected at all. I remember the beer fuelled session I had with Alan, in London, nigh on three years ago where we discussed at great length all of the plans for ADII. Sad, really. There were a lot of fantastic ideas for the second story to be told.

I do think it was quite bombastic in places, though, but that grandeur of it all and some completely classic characters - Amaurn, Balkoth, Mentirius come to mind immediately, Maltheus, Nexus (both Alessandro and the other Nexus), Charax.... When will we see the big green back in the IC section??

-Ben

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Charax

when I can actually write something I'm happy with. Nathan's been poking me every so often to do a legacies-style thread for Charax, but:
A) I can spend days writing and re-writing a post and I'll still think it looks like crap
B) There are several parts of his background that are just ridiculous and need severe retconning
C) I'm far, far too lazy

I'd love to get back to IC posting though, but I think I'd rather do it with human characters. Makallen's still being hunted by the Mechanicus, and I have a couple of other characters I haven't written about just begging to be used.
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Dosdamt

*cough*CheckoutmyRPthen*cough*

I'll be around on MSN tonight to discuss as well.....

.....And back to the business of business in this thread.

-Ben

Heroka Vendile

I go away trekking for two weeks and the Conclave returns to life.  ;D

Superb stuff.

I really should get round to writing up the rest of The Order Of Krubal and Rewards Of The Enemy. After tomorrows exam, I will get back to them.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Ynek

Good evening!
Since I didn't want to cause any confusion, I haven't changed my name since the previous 'clave.

Introductions over, I've got to confess that the main reason that I haven't contributed to the IC areas of the 'clave is that when I look at my writing, I tend to think it looks like crap, in much the same way that Charax describes. I used to actually be quite a good writer, but a lack of practice and general neglect has reduced me to the sort of person who looks at anything he writes and thinks: "Damn, I suck at this," and become too embarrassed to post it anywhere.

It's good to see the conclave back up and running. Kudos to the techpriests.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Gestalt

"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal