Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Witchhunter, Radical, Rogue Trader, Spy - Keravin does Inq28mm

Started by Keravin, July 03, 2011, 12:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keravin

Thanks Vermis.   The Huntress is certainly tempting me to play my Radicals at the Inqvitational.   Need to get someone from the good guys to inspire me.

Finished up Cutter, the pilot for the Rogue Trader's crew. 

There's a shield on the left hand side that I may revisit if I get a nice symbol to work with through the Rogue Trader crew.

Once I'd taken those photos it dawned on me to do something more with the base and the coat lining.

Pretty happy with him and I now need to figure what to paint up next.

Keravin

Had a try and see how arms would work on the new Priest.  The pictures are wip on the right with the flamer and a get it in place on the left.   Going to redo the left completely. 

I wanted to see how the arms would work.  Not entirely sold on the flamer, but I desparately wanted something that wasn't a shotgun.

RobSkib

I think you should either cut down the flamer into a shortened hand flamer, or elongate it into a more elaborate long flame lance-type-thing that adorns all the Witchhunter artwork. Something to set it apart from the usual flamers that adorn the rank and file guardsmen... maybe some kind of burning brazier on his backpack as well? How about his own acolyte or sanctioned mutant to carry his flame pack?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Keravin

Based on a suggestion on another forum I've actually been looking at giving him an exterminator instead.

Well I've built up the right arm and quite happy with it.

Left arm I've started on, but need to bulk the back up.

After the exterminator suggestion I've built one up.

And I quite like the look.

Means for his backpack I'd give him a gun or a loud speaker made from the cadian compack.

Then I've started building an enforcer based on the front covers of the books.   Lots to do on her and need to find a head to use.

Keravin

Couple of shots of where the Brother is up to.

The backpack needs more work doing to it with litanies and maybe more clag on it.

Then thanks to Sparks I have the old chaos champion to work with to build the Admech Magos for the radicals.

Full skirt needs doing, lengthened gun, replaced dagger based on JRN's work.

Myriad

Brother is really starting to develop some character, really looks like he's trying to exorcise something.  I do hope he's turned that chainsword on just in case.  Liking the sleeves on the robes.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Keravin

Thanks very much Myriad.   Very happy with the sleeve in the end.

First up the vent on the Exterminator.

Painted it won't show as much.

More work on the Enforcer.   Still looking for a suitable head and also for a mace I can use for her.

Then I started on the building of the radical magos

This was to get the basics in place before I start properly sorted the robe out.

Little bit later

And moved the feet to a more suitable position I think.

A shot of the proposed radicals warband

and the good guys

Still undecided which one to take forward as the one for the Inqvitational.

Keravin

More updates on the work I'm doing.

First off the radical Magos

Got armour to do on him now and fitted the chainsword. 

I'm also now building up the rifle butt.  Got a frame in place that I can expand on to get the shape I want.

Then I decided to change the shoulder pads on the Interrogator

Happier with this look.  I'll leave the other arm off whilst I paint her.

Dolnikan

These models are ver good-looking. Where is the magos's chainsword from?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Keravin

Thanks Dolnikan.   The chainsword is a cut down Space wolfs chainsword.

Work's been bonkers and not really had much chance to paint or model.   I have however started on painting 2 figures - 1 for each warband.

The interrogator for the good guys.   Need to decide what colour to do her armour.  Her cloth is being done in a darker green so starting with cryx bane base and working up to catachan.

And the Gunrunner for the Radicals.   I've started his armour off in purple as I think he likes being flamboyant and showing off a little hence his armament as well.

Dolnikan

I don't know why but the gunrunner somehow looks very smug. There is something about his head.
One should always take any colour-advice I give with a cart full of salt because I'm colourblind but I think that shining silver armour would look good on the interrogator.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Keravin

I'd imagine the gunrunner is pretty smug. 

Well I've tried a metallic finish to her armour.  But not shiny as doesn't really fit my vision of the characters.

Still a fair bit to do on her.  For starters need to figure what to do with the shoulder pads.   I was thinking a base colour and then some freehand on them.   Think the green needs some more work as well.

Dolnikan

She does look good but perhaps the metal could be a slight bit cleaner, now it is a bit hard to see from some sides.

Keravin

It's not going to be cleaner as then she won't be very good at not being a prime target in some of the nastier places her Inquisitor will send her into.  The only models I ever do nice armour on are High Elves or big goddamn heroes.   Definitely not on anyone for Inquisitor.

Keravin

Managed to get a little done on these and also started on the good guys' Inquisitor - Inquisitor Tybalt of Ordo Malleus.  I'll do a lot more on him once I've got the two on the desk done.   My plan as well is to try and do some character creation stuff next week as well, particularly for the Huntress, Interrogator Serren and the gunrunner, Darrius Criid.

Serren I've not done loads on, but trying a verdigris effect which I think helps with the gold on her.   Next to be worked on is the green clothing. 

Darrius I'm having more issues with.  Given him the gold edging to try and spruce him up a bit.   It's all these flat areas I'm having the problems with.   Like the shoulder pads, which I don't really want to remove as otherwise it'd just be more of the coat.  Going to look around at some art and have some ideas of markings to play with.