Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Witchhunter, Radical, Rogue Trader, Spy - Keravin does Inq28mm

Started by Keravin, July 03, 2011, 12:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

The effect on the interrogator looks good, the gold is a lot more 'goldy'
For the gunrunner you could paint on a simple logo of an organization he works a lot with, or of an actually legal one to support his cover.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Keravin

I've gone with a symbol for a company he might have purloined stuff from on the one shoulder.   He's definitely independent hence why he's joined up with the Inquisitor.

Well my plans on character work (or indeed anything else) went down the pan with getting sick at Christmas which totalled the last 4 days including my birthday.  Still feeling pretty ropey which is why the photos aren't great below.

I have managed to finish Interrogator Serren.

Green has been highlighted up and I now know how I'm doing the larger coat of her Inquisitor in the same colour.     I will try to get some better shots at the weekend when I'm feeling better (hopefully) so I can update her entry on the compiled thread.

Whilst I finish off the Gunrunner, who is actually almost there once I figure his base and some detail work plus his backpack and trousers, I've started on Inquisitor Tybalt as I started on the green alongside Serren as I want them to work well together.

Dolnikan

She looks very good, but suddenly I find myself wondering where the arm with the scroll is from. I can't say much yet about Tybalt, but I think he will look great as well.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Keravin

Like the bolt pistol arm the arm is from the Cannoness model from the Sisters range.

Myriad

Look out, she's got a scroll  :)

Lovely dynamism to the model.  Tybalt looks like he's got real potential too - be a nice matching pair, robed and a bit mad looking.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Keravin

Thanks Myriad.  Don't mess with the scroll.

Now I've got her and the gunrunner finished (pictures when there is that sun thing so probably saturday) I'm starting to think a lot more on background and slowly working on that.   Plus I've been listening to Thorn and Talon so getting inspiration from that. 

With those two done I've been starting on the next figures for each warband to get painted.

Inquisitor Tybalt has pretty much had his coat finished, but now trying to figure what other colours to work on him with.  Having another look through my various picture sources for ideas.

Again better pictures at the weekend.

Then I finally finished building Morden Orbest, Nathin's Magos companion.

Trying not to do too much metallics (which can be difficult on an Admech).  Pretty pleased with how the gun turned out and paint has helped a lot.

Dolnikan

As always the models look good. Orbest looks like a very interesting magos, I look forwards to seeing more of him.

Keravin

Thanks Dolnikan.  Orbest is a fairly radical magos.  Lots of interest in AI and Xenos tech.

Stuff's not getting worked on that fast as I'm still sick so painting hasn't been high on list of things to do.   But managed to get some daylight shots of stuff.

Firstly Interrogator Serren - some better shots.

Having been reading the psychic rules and rereading Dark Magenta articles I've been doing some work on her background and rules.   Very happy for example she has a knife in such an ornate scabbard which will play nicely for a Psykana Mercy Blade.

Shot of Tybalt's coat so you should be able to see the work I've done on it.

Pair of them together at the moment.

Then over with the radicals the Gunrunner is done.

Had to alter light levels to show off some of the markings and not managed a decent shot of the tattoo/barcode on the back of his head.   Similarly been working on his background now.

And then finally the Magos in progress.

Dolnikan

As always the models look good. Tybalt's coat looks very nice, it looks almost real. I really like the gunrunner but in the picture I can't see the markings on the left shoulder very well, what is it?

Keravin

It's a stylised eagle.  Been an issue getting a decent shot of the detail there because of the colours.

Keravin

Well the two on the painting desk are slowly progressing.  The Magos quicker than the Inquisitor as I know what I want to do paintwise with him.   Other than that I think I may have gotten a head to use for the enforcer.

I've got parts incoming and going to try and build her a riot shield (though all the bretonnian shields seem to be sold out).  I'm about half done on the stats for the good guys though still trying to figure how to represent bits of certain characters.  Hopefully have up some information on Serren for example soon.

Dolnikan

I really like that head, I've been forcing myself to not use it as much as I do. The bionic eye looks promising, I look forwards to seeing more of her.

Keravin

Thanks Dolnikan.

I have been making progress on stuff whilst I spend time with my cat so here's an in progress update.   Also done work on stats/characters and got an email in with Molotov to have him have a first look over stuff before I put it up.

Stuff I'm experimenting on and trying to get to work.

The idea is he becomes a different type of adept/seer.  Not entirely convinced by using the necromancer arms.

The idea is a Torchbearer - an independent missionary sent to human cultures who worship dark and savage gods to try and bring them over to the Emperor.

Those two are very much seeing whether things might work.

Very basic conversion and since removing his hand I have become acutely aware the only way of making a bigger change is chop that whole arm off.

Inspired by one of the Dark Heresy character portraits in Emperor's will.  Just started on him last night.

Then finally i've been looking at how to do a servo skull controller for a while.  Built and torn apart a few bodies that might be suitable, but I got in bits this week and got the Heresy apprentice body which I started work with.

Still lots to do, particularly given some tech to his head, but generally I'm really happy with how he's coming together.  His shortness compared to some models won't be an issue and obviously he'd get a few more servo skulls to operate with.

Other thing getting worked on is giving the enforcer a mace now I think I have a suitable one from a chaos warrior of all places.

Dolnikan

The new models are very interesting. I'm afraid that the necromancer arms don't fit all that well with the rest of the psyker's body. The most interesting idea to me is the servo skull controller, it  is something different.

Keravin

Yeah I'm not convinced on the arms either.   Probably wouldn't end up a psyker.  I'd want him to be much less offensive than that.   The idea I had for his bulked out appearance is he's basically cocooned to keep him still standing. 

Trying to take my mind off things.  Thanks to PDH and Rise for bits.   Already used one of the shields Rise sent as you can see below.

Think that gives me my enforcer.   I had planned for the shield to go on the back, but the hand seems to work and I like the final pose.

Built a power maul/mace for her from Chaos warrior mace, dark angel power mace and the bottom of a grey knight staff.  It's ludicrous in a way only GW stuff is sometimes.

Got various bits, but two figures i'm working on building after the recent flurry are the servo skull operator and the pistol wielding guy. 

Thoughts/Comments?