Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Witchhunter, Radical, Rogue Trader, Spy - Keravin does Inq28mm

Started by Keravin, July 03, 2011, 12:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

I wouldn;t want to face that enforcer as a mob member. Perhaps you could do a bit more work on the chest to make it look less dark eldar like, especially the gemstone doesn;t fit too much with an imperial enforcer I think.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Keravin

The gem I was planning on keeping to differentiate the body from the Interrogator where I used a dark eldar body as well.

I've revised stats and need to type them up in the other thread.   Also been reading the new Amalathian sourcebook, which has definitely decided me that Tybalt isn't one, but that my older witchhunter Lynch is probably a borderline purist, which makes his warband all the more fun.

I got some bits in and been working on what I think will be a gland warrior for Nathin's radicals using these bits

The head is big so I'm currently bulking out the body now I've got the head in place and he'll be taller and bulkier than most people, though not as big as an ogryn. 

Finished greenstuffing for now on the servo skull controller.  Giving him a bit of downtime before final look over him.   I can see him ending up with Tybalt.

Got a new model for the Rogue Trader's crew.

Hasslefree model and not decided yet if I'm going to convert her or use her as is.

Then just to prove I'm still painting.

Still getting Tybalt's colours in.   Slow process as I'm trying to figure each layer and what I'll want to do.   This is really just basecolours except the coat.

And the Magos is continuing.   Doing the check really helps bring him to life.   You'll see following Maelstrom's painting of his arch heretek I went with the teal which is nowhere near done yet.

Dolnikan

Where is that head from?

The pattern on the magos' hood really helps giving him some more presence. I would keep the Hasslefree model as she is now, it looks good and I don't see anything that needs to be changed to fit in better.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Heroka Vendile

unless there's something specific you want to do to that hasslefree model, I see no reason to not just keep her as-is.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Keravin

Dolnikan - it's from the chaos lord on manticore.  Picked the head up on a bits site.

Heroka - that;s the way I'm feeling at the moment.  Can't really see any reason to change her.  Need to figure her role in the Rogue Trader's crew and go from there.

Heroka Vendile

Taking inspiration from the Rogue Trader RPG, Arch Militant seems an appropriate job title - head of both the rogue traders personal and the ships security.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Adlan

A purity seal or making the Hassle Free's Firearm into a Las gun would set her off just perfect, but she's otherwise lovely and very 40k.

Keravin

Thanks Heroka.  Certainly fits the picture in the RT rulebook.

Adlan - The firearm is pretty much the only thing I would consider changing.  I'll see on that when I get back to that crew.

Not a lot of time this week to do stuff with work etc.

Been building the strain warrior/guard.

This is obviously very wip, but building up the body before tidying the legs.   Spotted mould line I need to remove as well.

Dolnikan

He looks good so far, very warlike and threatening. He certainly fits the bill.

Keravin

Thanks Dolnikan.   I'll come back to him probably around Easter.

Work and other stuff have been getting in the way.   Started painting a few other figures to try and get stuff at least started before the AB bash.

Started painting Nathin as I was very conscious that I hadn't even started my second Inquisitor.

There he is alongside the still being worked on Magos Morden Orbest.   Quite happy with his robe, but noticed not got a picture of the scripture I've added to the bottom left.   Need some ideas for what colour to do his gloves as don't really want to do more brass/gold.   

Then also started on the enforcer, who is being done up in the style of the one on the novel front covers.   Going to freehand markings and symbols onto the shoulder pads.   Since then the skin has had more work done to it and started on the blue on the jewel, again to replicate the novels.   You can see where I'm upto on Tybalt as well.  Slowly building him up.   Thinking the inside of the cloak will need some embroidered work.

Working on the blast shield which is further along than the rest of her.

If I get this lot finished this gives me Inquisitor Tybalt, Enforcer and cyberhound, and Interrogator Serren for the good guys, with the Enforcer desparately needing a name and background.   Then Inquisitor Nathin, Magos Orbest, Huntress in the Darkness and Darrius Criid done for the Radicals.   The radicals still need their 6th member building and whilst writing the background for Orbest I wonder if this model who is quite armed really fits him.   Tempted to do a new conversion based on the same model minus the chainsword, especially after reading the Dark magenta article with rules for subversive programming.

Dolnikan

The inquisitor is starting to look very good. You could do the gloves in black or even in a light silver tone, to give the hands something special.

The blast shield is amazingly good.

Keravin

Glad the shield's gone down well.  Bit more to do on it.

I promised a picture of what I'm trying to emulate with the one build at the moment.

That's where I'm up to on him (apart from other kneepad is also done now).  Aside from handcuffs, finding a decent head for him and purity seals I'm also thinking his coat will need decent cuffs on it.

Dolnikan

It is always nice to see the inspiration for a model. Will you be keeping the chains/ropes/whatevers on his chest or will they be removed somehow?

Keravin

Dolnikan - I'll probably be keeping them as I removed them on the gunrunner.  Plus I have no great idea for how or what to replace them with for this guy.

Well managed a bit of painting and modelling yesterday.   Even finished a model, though not one I expected to.

First off work on the one modelling project.

Cutting out and reshaping the coat has worked.   Once the belt on the coat has dried it's my plan to reshape the back so it lies a little more naturally and covers that hole up a little more.   Been finding out some arms to use for the other side as well.   It's almost certain that whatever arm I use I'll swap the hand on it.

As I've said before now I've been creating the character for my Magos for the radicals I kept wanting to change the armament on him as the chainsword meant he was a little too well armed and gave a wrong impression for what I wanted him to be.

Arm cut off, damage repaired, new arm put in place.

Gives me the arm to allow him to do the subversive programming I want him to do after reading the Dark Magenta rules and the latest RPG stuff.   Plan is to paint the fingers metallic and it represents some tech that he's modified along the way.   It also focuses him on the Jezzail rather than presenting him as some sort of combat character which he definitely wasn't intended to be.

Then finally the Enforcer for Tybalt's warband got finished.

I've freehanded a double headed eagle onto the shoulderpad to emulate the book design, but also to break the metallic bits up.

And here she is with her cyberhound.

I say she's finished, but she's done for now and I may go back once I've had a bit of time away from painting her to get some perspective.   Fairly certain the shield is where I wanted it to be.

Dolnikan

The magos' new hand looks very good, a bit creepy like it should be.

The enforcer looks very good as well, the eagle is a nice touch and her normal eye came out very well.