Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Witchhunter, Radical, Rogue Trader, Spy - Keravin does Inq28mm

Started by Keravin, July 03, 2011, 12:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

It is indeed a very faithful representation of the artwork. Good work.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

renegade thor

you have really out done your self , spot on . the likeness to pic is really good
question the heretic, beat the heretic, burn the heretic , kill the heretic ,dispose of the heretic and have a coffee to relax

Keravin

Thank you very much.  She was an experiment as John's art style and my painting are very different.  Probably could have used a few more oils having seen John's figures in person.

The psyker continues to be worked on.

I'm going to go looking for interesting freehand ideas as that will allow me to finish the cloak and robe rather than just keep trying to add to the colour.

My plan for the next few months is to work on this lot all for Bastille's retinue.   Brachale and the servo skulls are next.   I've transferred over the interrogator I built for my friend as he's decided to not play so gave the models I built to me.  Then I need to finish building Adept Kasno.

Brachale is ready to be painted I think.

I went with the sword in the end rather than the axe I've been trying to get to work because of how it hung on the model.  All the axes just ended up too big or didn't hang right.   As I said he is next once I've finished the psyker.

Keravin

Managed to finish Palidorious the sanctioned psyker last night.

The retinue so far finished.

Dwi

The three look rather fantastic. Whats your plan for them?
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

Keravin

I'm working on the 4th member of the retinue now - the pious guardsman, Horbert Brachale.   I have Adept Kasno, an Ad Mech trying to stop a cult, who is still being built.   I've now added the interrogator now to the retinue, but I know I want either a Savant or Xeno Arcanist to fit with Bastille and her Revificator quest to use Xenos.

There's more info on the thinking behind the retinue here - http://s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/topic/7637213/1/

Dwi

Cool beans! I'm sure that my Inquisitor Stanhope would get a long with her just fine, though hes more of a zombie slayer Revificator :P LINK: http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2196.msg29748#msg29748

To your plans:
If your going for a drop trooper, I would lighten up his armour a little. Thin and round out his plate, or perhaps switch to leather or light ballistic cloth. The Empire militia/Free Company box is a good place to start. The mail is fine but it would have to be of a light substance, easy enough to dream up. 

For your Tech Priest/Ad Mech what do you have in mind for weaponry? As a "cult stoper" I would think a mix on lethal and non-lethal would be best. Built in web gun? :P 

As for Savant vs Xeno Arcanist I would go with the latter.
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

Keravin

He's not a drop trooper.  He's just using a bullpup lasgun.

The Ad Mech is based on an illustration like Bastille is.  He's equipped with an old las pistol, power axe and servo arms.  Neither he nor Bastille are that interested in non lethal in terms of the cult :)

The link to the card he's based on is
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2CcJ3SPtpuGZnBHdGk2VEdrUTg/edit

Dwi

Keravin

I'm well behind in here.   Not much done on Hubert yet as Infinity and Warmachine are in front and getting most done on them.   

I have however finally got shots of the first 2 servo skulls for the retinue.

Keravin

Not done a lot on my Inq28 as other stuff took priority.   Trying to work on them now as I do the other stuff and trying to get sorted for another Loidis event.

Firstly working on finishing the 28mm version of the Keeper of names.  Mostly scroll work to do on him now.

And because PDH would cry if I hadn't: I've been working on Hubert for my new retinue.

Slowly building him up.  Armour needs detail on it, all the belts and hourglass need doing.  Sword has a long way to go, but progress is being made.

Now I'm working on getting dates and I'll set up another day in Leeds to do Loidis stuff.

Keravin

Almost a year since I last posted.   I'm in the midst of painting up two new models for my new warband which should get to play over the next few months, but I've been building the last few weeks.

Rifleman first and I think he's ready to paint.   Need to check on how the green stuff dries and how it looks primed as that should cover some issues.

The not sure what he is.  Tried out the arms and he still feels unfinished.  Might look at some other arms.  Had a suggestion of a cloak to give him a desert feel or some kind of backpack.   If I was to keep the gun I think it needs a bayonet.   I quite want to go for a WW1 feel with him with the gasmask.

Magos Biologis/torturer - probably ready to start painting.   The staff is made from Inq54 part, FW servo skull and flagellant staff.    No actual weapons on him.

Been looking at another Rogue Trader conversion for a while.  This was going to be Charan before Nuclearhawke got him as a contact card and built him.  So this weekend he got a new head, pegleg and a rebuilt collar so far.

The painting continues on the other two, but nothing terribly exciting to show.   They should be done for the next Inqvitational. 

Inquisitor Dionzi

What is the base model for the peg-leg Rogue Trader? I'm liking it ...
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Heroka Vendile

peg-leg is the Vostroyan Firstborn Commander model.

Using the Eisenhorn clockwork "book" as a staff head is a great choice for something different.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Alyster Wick

Unique and creepy. Great work. It's been a while since I've checked this thread out and I'm reminded of how your minis really jump off the table once they're painted up.

Rifleman looks solid, great weapon choice there. The "Not sure what it is" has a lot of character but I agree it looks a little unfinished. Everyone else has just the right amount of clutter to shift them from grunt to character, he's still stuck in the middle. I think it's the back, the straps are just begging to have something added on. Maybe some large round ammo bandoliers? He could have a 41st century elephant gun (kroot ox gun?) of some kind. Bayonet would make sense then too. With few rounds and a long reload time he'll want a backup.

Techpriest is interested. I don't know if I'm feeling the odd positioning of the arms. That said, he is delightfully anatomically correct, which can be a virtue w/ admech characters. Great use of Eisenhorns "clockwork book", as has been said.

The Vostroyan Commander is just a great base model. Look forward to seeing more.