Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Contemptor Pattern Dread

Started by Alyster Wick, July 17, 2011, 05:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

I didn't think I saw anyone post on this, but the new forgeworld contemptor pattern dread looks like it could make a great iron man:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CONTEMPTOR_PATTERN_DREADNOUGHT_BODY.html

Charax

I like it, but I really wish they'd left it plain, without any purity seals or anything (especially as it can be used by Chaos too)

Depending on the size, it might make some good Power armour/exoskeleton
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

MarcoSkoll

I saw this recently and was wondering if it had any Inquisitor uses - Iron men is an interesting one that hadn't occurred to me. You'd have to remove things like the purity seals, but I could see that working.

As far as size, if that's a 60mm base, I'd say it's about 70mm tall.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Alyster Wick

Quote from: Charax on July 17, 2011, 06:40:51 PM
I like it, but I really wish they'd left it plain, without any purity seals or anything (especially as it can be used by Chaos too)

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on July 17, 2011, 06:52:01 PM
I saw this recently and was wondering if it had any Inquisitor uses - Iron men is an interesting one that hadn't occurred to me. You'd have to remove things like the purity seals, but I could see that working.

Looking over the photos shown there it looks like the purity seals and imperial markings are added on. There is a pic with the entire neck section shown as smooth and if you look through all the pics I believe that piece by piece you can see that the shoulders, chest sections etc come smooth originally with the more imperial pieces added on after the fact.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Alyster Wick on July 19, 2011, 07:39:40 AMThere is a pic with the entire neck section shown as smooth
Someone on Warseer thought the same thing and emailed to ask. Those pieces are moulded on as part of the casting and they had to be cut away for the Blood Angels conversion.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

I have one sitting in a box under my desk, and I can confirm that the torso of the model comes with the Aquila and purity seals moulded on.  I ordered two power fists with mine, and they come with both a flamer and twin-linked bolter in the palm as weapons.  As to when I get round to building mine (as a Mechanicus Secutor) I have no idea - too many incomplete projects ahead of it in the queue!

Ruaridh

Heroka Vendile

It is indeed very tasty. I'd be tempted to combine it with the Vulture Punisher cannons and see if a Damien/Simeon head fitted
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Heroka Vendile

okay so you can scratch my punisher suggestion, they're releasing a Mortis varient with two assault cannons. Job done.

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Alyster Wick

Nevermore2010

Can you say War Machine? get 2, paint one red and gold and the other silver and Black...
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

Charax

Bah, my Contemptors are the original Chuck models

DapperAnarchist

Charax, are you a hipster?  ;D

I can't look at that picture without making the noise, at least in my head, "thoom thoom kaboom whirrrbambambambambambambamclick"... Which would be a problem during games.

thoom! thoom!
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Charax

You think THAT'S hipster?

I haven't even mentioned that the Contemptor technically should only refer to the twin CCW configuration...

Anyway, it's a lovely model, and the weapon arms are sold separately, which could make for some interesting Inquisitor uses. Would love to see a comparison with an Inquisitor model from those who've received theirs already...

Van Helser

I began to start putting mine together the other day, and found that the shoulders were missing!

A quick snoop on the internets seems to show this is a common problem.  Waiting for Forgeworld to get back to my email now...

Ruaridh