Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Crafting an NPC Character

Started by greenstuff_gav, June 19, 2013, 11:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, i've started a little side project that's been sat in my bits box for far too long; a recon outrider.

i picked up one of These in a trade a long while back (to the point where i can't remember who from!).

First thing was to cutting away the majority of the OTT anime stuff; stripping it back down into something slightly more 40k.

I;ve started with the rider early so i can get his pose right; he won't be attached permanently to allow the bike to sit as an objective ... i've got a spare guardsman so that i can model him off the bike :)

i'm planning on adding eagles to the side panels and then bulking up the handle-bar section to fit the Marine one
the front blobs are going to be headlights  (like the centre of the Marine Bike handlebars) and i think i'm going to have the rider holding binox, and then side panniers to the back wheels for him to carry his recon stuff!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Inquisitor Dionzi

Gonna make an optional sidecar?
SKYFALL MINIATURES

greenstuff_gav

na; with the lean it wouldn't sit properly!

so, i've done some work;

i've gone for a Ghost Rider style helmet to aid in the mystique associated with an outrider / scout!
hopefully enhanced by the mass of stuff carried and what will be a sniper rifle strapped to the fork!

the rider isn't glued so he can be removed and used on foot; the bike has a kick stand so it'll stand on its own!

his helmet's hanging from his pack so that he can better use his sniper rifle!

i need another Artemis Boltgun sight to stick onto the rifle (you may note he's holding it on the bike; he's detached it for reccy work!)
the onfoot version is a bit more mobile than i'd like (i want a sniper!) but it's the last guy left from my box so it'll do!

"wait Gavin!" you may cry "you said* there was 16 guys in the box! a 10-man squad, 3 man command squad and 2 bikers! there's one set missing!"
turns out there isn't i bodged together a Quartermaster, takign inspiration from the Krieg Quartermaster.

going for a Handlebar Moustache and a pimpin' hat, i wanted him drawing an ornate pistol (thankfully still holstered so can be anything).
I extended his cloak like the Krieger but on the whole i'm not to impressed by this one; he's just uninspiring!

so, huge update; thanks for looking!
*i can't remember if i did say how many was in the box!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Inquisitor Dionzi

Quotethe communications / auspex guy.
all manner of scanni g equipment, auto-logging equipment and fax machine :-)

What, no kitchen sink? No ironing board? *Sigh*

Gonna do a proper dogsbody? :)
SKYFALL MINIATURES