Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New things from me

Started by Necris, June 24, 2013, 09:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

I an attempt to get back into inquisitor and modelling as a whole I've decide it is time to restart a old project from last year, I started creating an inq28 warband led by an interrogator in service to a crippled inquisitor.

My current project awaiting my attention is a Rogue Trader for the group, inspired by my reading of Nikolai Dante 2000ad series I was struck by this image

In a desire to recreate him I've acquired a forgeworld Krieg commissar standing upright with sword over his shoulder, I intend to swap the sword/pistol for a rifle style weapon but am stuck here, do I go for a traditional human long rifle style weapon which will more than likely made from an empire handgun, or do I opt for a Xeon weapon either a dark eldar splinter rifle or tau pulse rifle, I have a possibility of getting my hands of some of the forge world tallaran las rifles so one of those could be a possibility.

Does any one else have any ideas?
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Kallidor

I don't know if you can get your hands on one, but a Necron Deathmark's rifle would look pretty cool. Plus, not that it matters too much, but it would tie in vaguely with Dante's own rifle.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Necris

Here's an update went with the splinter rifle after the other options looked awful

greenstuff_gav

which sword is that? looks vaguely liek a Wyches, but don't know if that's a separate part...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Necris

Erm

I think it's either an empire greatsword in scabbard (with a variant pommel)

Or it's a wood elf part

I found it in my bits collection and have no idea where it's come from it could even be from the high elf nobles box

Bloodpact

Its an Empire Greatsword weapon
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

Necris

Thanks blood pact I wasn't sure because the only examples I could find from the great swords kit has a different pommel

meltaburn

Looking great, it's the same mini I used for my interrogator, Kadarski.

But you've got a very different flavour out of the same base, he looks very dashing/swashbuckling and in keeping with the concept picture without being beholden to it.

From a fluff perspective I'd have said a splinter rifles a good fit for a throne agent with a xenos weapon, if I remember rightly dark elder weapons are made (by slaves) rather than grown from wraith bone like craftworld weaponry, so by my line of reasoning dark elder stuff could possibly be maintained and ammo replicated / obtained by a particularly knowledgable / well connected radical.

Plus its a pretty vicious and cool looking gun for your leader to wave around! That's reason enough

Look forward to seeing him finished and painted. The krieg commissar (or should I say the remaining parts of it!) is a joy to paint with lots of crisp detail, it certainly flattered my shoddy painting style when it came to Kadarski.

Necris

Thanks for all the comments

Meltaburn I really like your minis and your interrogator acted as some inspiration for my own though he's not the straight forward leader of the whole warband he is a leading figure and will eventually have his own crewmen to lead

With the Dante miniature more or less set I looked at some other characters from 2000Ad's stories and got thinking about who else I could make

I can up with the following list

Dredd (obviously has to be included)
Johnny Alpha
Durham Red
Sinister & Dexter
Rogue Trooper
Abc Warrior
Devlin Waugh
Anderson

So with that list I looked at my bits box for some bits to see what I have already and is started to work on a Dredd mini, now the old enforcers are so close to the comic Dredd it's almost laughable so I took some inspiration from the 2012 film and after some work came up with this test piece

And then realised just how much the older catachan legs look like they are squatting over a hole and how much i hate them but after digging though the bits box again I recreated this final much more imposing mini

Minerva

Really nice and simple conversion on the rogue trader. Where is the head from?

Necris

Spare dystopian legions Prussian medic