Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

First Founding: Iron Warriors

Started by greenstuff_gav, August 03, 2011, 09:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

copypasta!

so, as i've posted before, i've been working on Some 54mm Marines.

Having more Artemis to hand, i've decided i'm going to try and get each of the First Founding chapters into Inquisitor with appropriate background and miniatures.
The key "point" of this long term project is to experiment with a variety of sculpting techniques, learn new methods of working and because i think it'd look cool  :D
you never know, i may make molds of the various chapter shoulderpads i sculpt.. just for personal use, of course ;)

Having started the painting work on The Dark Angel, a marine i traded off've kierkegaard turned up this week :D

I've added an old cast of the Marine Helmet Blank (with all the resculpting work, i don't mind the bubble-filled naff ones :D ) and the arm from A Metzger with the view of making it into a bionic :)

while playing about with the bits box, having spotted the missing leg, i knew i'd need one of the more technologically minded marine legions.
Glancing at the other First Founding Marines, i realised i was short Traitor Legionnaires, and so decided on Iron Warriors; their knowledge of technology should provide some interesting character concepts, staying true to the First Founding Project and and Article Written For Dark Magenta :)

as i try to start from the bottom and work upwards, i began slicing up the Metzger arm to make the Bionic Leg

i've used a spare Artemis Toe from the bits box, attached to the back of the hand and adding a peice of round rod to add an ankle joint (it should blend well with the detail below it).

before the legs are attached, i need to bulk up the bionic some more, adding armour plate and pipework.
The "normal" leg also needs "chaos-ifying" up some :D

'till next time!

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lucidum

I've gotta say, I'm excited to see more on this one :3 I love the Iron Warriors, they've got some really unique background and a cool aesthetic. Love the idea of the fully bionic leg, it's a good way to get that mechanical touch across.

greenstuff_gav

so, slight update time :)

i've added two bands to the leg so i can follow the Index Astartes image of yellow / black bands.
the pad / helmet are close to completion so i can mould 'em with the World Eaters helmet i've prepared :D

pose is decided, he's gonna be holding a big piece of archeotech; in game it'll have a random effect; background wise he'll be travelling about testing weapons of mass destruction (so his entourage will have some robed serfs).

Build Your Imagination

wargame_insomniac

Nice

Iron Within! Iron Without!

Loving these sculpts.

Cheers

James

greenstuff_gav

moar threadomancy!

work has progressed; my Iron Warriors Pads are coming out rubbish from the cheap silicone so work stalled (while i afforded materials and then afforded time to do the casting!)

i've added a heavier plate to the chest; inspired by Robey's Dark Angel and one of the old armour sets (Iron?); it makes sense as he's testing warp-powered-weaponry... who knows what's gonna happen or how big the explosion will be!
i've started work on the gun itself, starting with 2 bolters strapped together , a long warp-core-barrel and then start building the backpack / powerplant!

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

so, a bit more work:

i've gone for a trapped-demon-cartridge for the weapon for it's slightly bizarre firing methods (more later), the head from the booster Pack i'm working on and am sculpting his left arm.

i'm planning on having pipework magnetised from the vents at the bottom of his backpack to a plethora of tiny robed familiars (think the Dark AnNgels Watchers); tucked into their torsos, helping power the weapon :)

may add a brace to the outside or possibly vanes running along the outside of the screw-section.

Build Your Imagination

Necris

Honestly gav there is still too much of the bolter identifiable

Except the exceptional
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

greenstuff_gav

i take it the last one was cut off?

hopefully this looks a little better :)

don't like the way the lil helpers look; may break 'em up and have their feeds link into the weapons...

Build Your Imagination

Koval

Very nice work although I'll point out three things I've noticed about the gun:
-there's a winged skull still visible on the side; maybe you could conceal that a bit more?
-the widget under the gun itself seems to have a very flimsy connection to the rest of the gun, so maybe bulk the connection point out a bit more?
-it could just be the photos but the muzzle doesn't look like it's aligned properly with the rest of the barrel...