Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Magos Biologis

Started by Van Helser, August 04, 2011, 06:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

I think I'm setting a couple of records with this model - this is the third model I've painted in as many weeks, and the conversion was completed the best part of two years ago!  Don't know why I never got round to painting her.  I guess some of my other projects just got the better of me.  Anyhow:

I made the mistake of assuming Tamiya white would be the same as Skull White when doing the robes originally - epic fail.  Don't know if it's true of just the white paint, but there was a gloss finish to it which I hated.  Won't be picking up Tamiya paints if the local model shop doesn't have Citadel paints in stock again.

Comments and criticisms welcome, as always.

Ruaridh

judge-minos

I like the model, great use of parts.

the only thing I would had would probably be a cog pattern at the hem of the robe

ciao

wargame_insomniac

Flinty

Don't know if you re-did the white (dosn't look glossy in th photo) but I really like the colour scheme, especially the red shades. Very nice head, too - where's that from? - and an excellent skin tone. Worth the wait I'd say!
Neanderthal and Proud!

Van Helser

Should have said, but yes I did repaint the robes with some good ol' Skull White.

The head is from Hornet models, which I bought through Historex Agents.

A cog pattern, in red, may actually be an excellent shout. I will see what I can do.

Ruaridh

kierkegaard

That is some seriously fantastic work there Van. I love the use of the Space Marine torso and the Imperial Guard arms.

I do wonder why an AdMech character has an Inquisitorial symbol hanging on her belt though...

Van Helser

So funny to hear you mention the Inquisitorial symbol Nick - you mentioned that when I first posted WIP pics!  My excuse is that she works under the authority of Inquisitor Cillian Lyko Losporin!

Ruaridh