Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm Dread

Started by Tessio Niri, August 08, 2011, 06:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draco Ferox

*Frantically starts stockpiling meltabombs*

But on a more serious note, I love it. It would be a great surprise about halfway throughout a campaign:
"Ok, you're about to sneak up on the Big Bad Baddie (TM). Wait, what the "£%"£ is THAT? RUN YOU FOOLS
Result: One very shaken group of players.

A really great design too, I like the details. Any chance of a scale shot with a "standard" 54mm model?

Keep it up, and keep us updated!
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Tessio Niri

Thanks Draco

Heres that comparison shot you wanted.

Arms are about 95% complete with just the last touchs once the rest of the model comes together. Working on the legs now.

Regards T.
"There is but one God and his name is the Omnissiah. How his hunger extinguishes that light of the stars." Magos Belion Tygrosa

Heroka Vendile

well at least it won't be mowing everything down with autocannons... just shredding them with it's arms instead.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Seraphim

Looks great, I approve of this assault dreadnaught and look forward to seeing it in battle.
Loading: Cognition, Sapience, Sentience.

Lucidum

That is truly impressive o.o masterful plasticard work

Ancelyn

GRUESOME.. AND AWESOME... TASTIC. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. ;D
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Lazarus Caladine

Damn, I need to get back into the game...
Better Living Through Superior Firepower

Dolnikan

A really beautiful thing, for which there is only one good reaction: run away as fast as possible.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

MarcoSkoll

I can't say much that hasn't already been said, so imagine various statements of praise and wonderment below:

Done? Good. I mean every word.

Quote from: Dolnikan on December 12, 2011, 08:39:19 PMThere is only one good reaction: run away as fast as possible.
I can think of three.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on December 12, 2011, 09:51:00 PM
Quote from: Dolnikan on December 12, 2011, 08:39:19 PMThere is only one good reaction: run away as fast as possible.
I can think of three.
Running, flying or driving?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

MarcoSkoll

Nope. Running, calling in an orbital strike, or having the Jubilee shoot it.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

Not everyone has a Jubilee at hand, unfortunately...

Tessio Niri

Thanks for all the really encouraging comments guys. When I was finally talked into making this beast I wanted warbands to run in terror, trying to keep their distance, hence the lack in ranged firepower.

Have really come along with the legs this past week. Awaiting some more materials to finish the armour plating on the lower legs. Here's a picture on progress so far and a comparison sort as well.

As always C&C welcome

Regards T.
"There is but one God and his name is the Omnissiah. How his hunger extinguishes that light of the stars." Magos Belion Tygrosa

DapperAnarchist

... if you paint it Tzeentchian style, you could claim it as a 40K Chaos superheavy too, simply a Dreadnought made vast by the powers of chaos...

It is one of the best things I have ever seen.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

kierkegaard

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on December 21, 2011, 11:55:58 PM
It is one of the best things I have ever seen.

That is a bold statement. I will echo the words, but qualify them by saying that it is one of the best Inquisitor models that I have ever seen (I mean no disrespect, it is just that I have seen a lot of stuff in my life, and models, no matter how amazing, don't even come close to the top of the list. Anyway, I seem to be rambling like a lunatic, so I will just say that I think it is awesome, I look forward to seeing it painted, and I will now shut up.)